Kindness vs Friendship

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Hxc Flavor

Kindness vs Friendship

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Which is better to use? And what exactly do they each do? The "trick" for Kindness is cut off in the description.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Suikoman444

Post by Suikoman444 »

They both increase attack. The friendship rune increases it for every 2 stars of destiny you recruit. The kindness rune increases attack the more you are in battles.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

With kindness, how often does it increase attack? Once for every battle? The most Friendship can increase your attack by is 54 (108/2).
battousai

Post by battousai »

its not once for every battle as that wood b insane...i ended having to battle quite a bit for the rune to take effect(i think)...but does the friendship rune count for the ppl u hav already and u?
Suikoman444

Post by Suikoman444 »

but does the friendship rune count for the ppl u hav already and u?

I'm pretty sure it does.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Friendship Rune gives +1 ATK for every 2 characters recruited even the squirrels. Kindness Rune gives +1 ATK for the character in your party every 30 minutes (game time xx:00:00 and xx:30:00). So if you don't use a character too often, it's useless to attach Kindness Rune to that character.
Last edited by Red Killey on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

And since most people can beat the game in 20-30 hours, the Kindness rune is basically less powerful than the Friendship rune, right?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Well if you say 30 hours, then Kindness would give 30x2 = +60 ATK, while Friendship would never reach +60 ATK bonus. There is also Kindness Rune trick if you want to use it. So it depends on what you want to do and how you play the game. Personally speaking, I don't use either of the two at all.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I hardly use any tricks when I play the game, so I don't think using the Kindess trick is really worth it. Does the Friendship rune also work on other characters or just Riou?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Friendship Rune works on everyone with open WPN rune slot.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Maybe, but I think it's more important to focus on finding the strongest characters, then worrying about runes. Take Mazus for example...he has the most powerful runes in the game- every single magic attack from him takes at least twice as damage as it's supposed to. So I guess numbers really don't matter THAT much after all...
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Ayemelek
Elite Member

Post by Ayemelek »

Maldonado wrote:Maybe, but I think it's more important to focus on finding the strongest characters, then worrying about runes. Take Mazus for example...he has the most powerful runes in the game- every single magic attack from him takes at least twice as damage as it's supposed to. So I guess numbers really don't matter THAT much after all...
Runes are fairly integral to creating true powerhouse characters. Fighter-types truly shine when decked out to maximize offense, and magic-users are at their best when utilizing runes they have high affinities with.

As far as Kindness and Friendship are concerned, well, both are decent, though I much prefer status, elemental, or Exertion Runes. Kindness is very nice if you choose to trick it out, but otherwise the minor attack boost generally offered by both runes isn't anything too enticing.

And since the trick was cut off: Equip the rune on a character, have them killed in battle, finish said battle, and repeat--this will cause the rune's bonus to drop a point. Once the rune is no longer offering an ATK bonus, the next time you do this the character's ATK should "drop" to 999. i.e. if their ATK was 300 and equipping the Kindness Rune increased it to 311, you'd need to have that character finish a battle unconscious 11-13 times.
*Flik Fan*

Post by *Flik Fan* »

Where do you get the friendship rune? I played the game 3 times, but I've never encountered it...
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Please read the information on the main site. The main site exists for a reason, you know. We not only have the message boards. http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/runes.php
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in general, the Kindness Rune most benefits Hero2, Riou, since he's in the party at every 30 minute interval. note that every time a character is KOed, however, they will lose 1 kindness point.

the 999 trick is too tedious to maintain on a 0-kindness character if he/she is in your party all the time.... but up to you. it's got the fun-factor.

Friendship and Exertion are easily the ones to keep around since they are elementless and just add damage. the upgraded elemental runes take time to get many of, and can sometimes be problematic cuz of enemy elemental resistance.