Reveals the True Rune-- mother of the Ressurection Rune.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Reveals the True Rune-- mother of the Ressurection Rune.

Post by Vextor »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I dont see that we need someone to explain where a mass produced rune came from. I'm positive you can buy one in s2, and you can defintely get a good many in S5.
No shop sells the Resurrection Rune in Suikoden 2. Not even the one in Sajah after you defeat the Silver Wolf.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/runes.php

it says in Greenhill

the student selling on Jeane's class (i think)
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I truly feel that every single rune ever has a True Rune it steamed from be it Ressureaction or Great Owl rune or Falcon.

The Ressurection may be from either one we don't know much about like Circle or the like or it's from a new one that will be revealed later.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hmmm that's an interesting idea, that every rune has a True rune mother somewhere. So far all the True Runes have been magical in nature. But, there are a number of skill runes. Perhaps there is a True Skill Rune that offers its wearer the benefits of all the various skill runes at once or the ability to do a physical attack with tremendous damage (like having a falcon/boar/double edge all in one).
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Hmmm that's an interesting idea, that every rune has a True rune mother somewhere. So far all the True Runes have been magical in nature. But, there are a number of skill runes. Perhaps there is a True Skill Rune that offers its wearer the benefits of all the various skill runes at once or the ability to do a physical attack with tremendous damage (like having a falcon/boar/double edge all in one).
I am convinced Ronnie Bell's rune is a child rune of the fire rune, and I think the Boar rune could be a child of the Beast Rune. Falcon, you see I figured that since the Elemental/Magic runes it's onyl logical there must be a true rune for all the skill runes as well, I especially think runes like the Falcon rune and blinking runes have one.
-Chaco
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

well you can cut down on the number of true runes if you think of it this way

that all skill runes with animal names on it could've been a child rune of the True Beast Rune

the Unicorn, the Boar, the Falcon, the Great Owl, the Kangacorn etc

were all derived from one mother rune that is the True Beast Rune which is a consolidation of all of the beastly properties of each runes mentioned above

what about that huh?
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

were all derived from one mother rune that is the True Beast Rune which is a consolidation of all of the beastly properties of each runes mentioned above

what about that huh?
Thats not why I got Boar form that actually, I said that for Boar because it's a very "beastly" rune, it causes a barrage of crazy attacks that cause the user to go unbalanced because of it. However it is possible all animal name runes are children of the Beast Rune.
-Chaco
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Since all of the "beastly" runes are actually martial art fighting styles, I'd be more inclined to go with Oppenheimer's idea of there being a "True Skill Rune" or a "True Combat Rune".

Story-wise, such a rune would probably spawn different runes: Roundier Haia seems to have the ability to make or procure Swallow Runes for his students, so he'd likely have a unique rune spawned from it?

Then again, that would actually mean unique runes could also create child runes, which we haven't seen happen (though does the Blue Gate/Pale Gate rune come from the Gate rune or the Front/Back Gate rune?).
Formerly known as: Gothann
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

LanceHeart wrote:Since all of the "beastly" runes are actually martial art fighting styles, I'd be more inclined to go with Oppenheimer's idea of there being a "True Skill Rune" or a "True Combat Rune".

Story-wise, such a rune would probably spawn different runes: Roundier Haia seems to have the ability to make or procure Swallow Runes for his students, so he'd likely have a unique rune spawned from it?

Then again, that would actually mean unique runes could also create child runes, which we haven't seen happen (though does the Blue Gate/Pale Gate rune come from the Gate rune or the Front/Back Gate rune?).

there are many cannon child runes,all of the elemental True runes have child runes,the sun and Night rune have 3 litteral child runes{meaning there like offspring and they have sentience} the ROP has the condemed rune,the Gate rune has the pale gate rune and still there's plenty more im sure

it should be fairly common knowledge by know that True runes create/give birth lesser runes from themselves

also it seems mankind can make artificial runes which I believe is the origin of combat runes
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

We already covered the magical runes having parent True Runes, which is the basis of why we're talking about the Resurrection Rune having a parent.

The True Skill Rune theory pretty much encompasses a train of thought that would suggest martial arts would stem from a rune, which wouldn't be too much of a stretch considering how it's the last thing we've yet to see a True Rune do: grant physical/mental prowess instead of magical. Should the Exorcism/Resurrection Rune's creation stem from such a rune instead of a magical/elemental one, it could lead to some interesting plot and overall Suikoden world development.

My bit about unique runes giving birth to other runes is more along the lines of runes that are truly unique in the world, such as the Dawn and Twilight Runes. They aren't a separation of a True Rune yet they're unique in the world. What's more, some items are imbued with partial abilities/traits that either rune has.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote: also it seems mankind can make artificial runes which I believe is the origin of combat runes
Really? Where'd you hear that from? I always thought they might be able to duplicate runes (like in order to sell them) but I assumed they couldn't create new ones.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

In a lot of cases, these "combat runes" just represent a skill the person possesses.

There's no such thing as a Falcon Rune, for example. The developers probably just thought it would be simpler to give the person a rune, instead of making an entirely separate 'Skill' section (although they did that later on, but in a markedly different way).
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

In a lot of cases, these "combat runes" just represent a skill the person possesses.

There's no such thing as a Falcon Rune, for example. The developers probably just thought it would be simpler to give the person a rune, instead of making an entirely separate 'Skill' section (although they did that later on, but in a markedly different way).

Not entierly true, in a lot of cases you can remove skill runes and attach them to others who have neevr had it before and they can do the skill. The boar rune for example can be attached to say Morgan, who until then could never do the boar rune attack or the Clone Rune to Viktor.
-Chaco
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

who's morgan?

ontopic
Jowy Atreides wrote:In a lot of cases, these "combat runes" just represent a skill the person possesses.

i see your point

but denying the existence of these runes would prove problematic

you see, some of them are being retailed in shops

others, you find in chests

i do believe that runes unlock a skill that a person possess

the skill runes' magical property would have to lie in allowing the bearer to unleash his/her combat capabilities

even though they haven't been trained to perform those skills

that's why even if you equip a kid with say a Boar Rune, she'll be able to perform arts beyond his/her years

hey that's magic for you
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I did say "in a lot of cases," not "in all cases."

Morgan is a SoD in the first game. Look up his bio for more info.