Suikoden III Ceremonial Site/Sindar *Serious Spoilage*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Falenan_descent

Suikoden III Ceremonial Site/Sindar *Serious Spoilage*

Post by Falenan_descent »

I really hope this is the right section for this. And, I do apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered.

But, I've been replaying the Suikoden games hoping to come across something that I've never noticed before. (Waiting for a new Suikoden game does that to you.) But, does anyone else find it odd that the Sindar created a site to destroy a True rune? The Sindar were cursed to forever move about due to their rune, correct? Is it possible that they got so fed up with their existance that they tried to destroy the rune that cursed them? Is it possible thats why there is no more Sindar clan that we know of? Did they destroy their true rune?

The explosion that Luc was describing that could have taken place had he destroyed the True Wind Rune also seems to be along the same caliber of the explosion that was seen in the cutscene in Suikoden V with Old Armes.

Although, that was the sun rune...wasn't it? I was wondering if the explosion could have been the destruction of a True Rune. In this case, the Rune of Change.

So, essentially... I'd like it if possible for people to speculate on the above theory and clear up the second one for me. Thanks :D
JanusThePaladin

Re: Suikoden III Ceremonial Site/Sindar *Serious Spoilage*

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I think it probably served the purpose of channelling power, not necessarily of destroying true runes. I think that S3 proved that Sindarian relics can be used for more than one purpose, like the containment units for True Runes was also used to make clones. I think that the Ruins there simply channeled the power of the True Runes, and that much power was of course enough to destroy a rune.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Actually, i've never thought about it that way, maybe the Sindar did destroy their own rune keeping them alive to break their curse of eternal wandering. Either way, good job noticing that.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

That is indeed a great insight, but i must say that this rumor is proofless.

I haven't played SIII for a very long time, but if i recall correctly, the consequences of destroying a True Rune would be catastrofics, like, blowing away the whole country...If they did that, then there would be no more Grassland, but Wasteland (haha, i made a joke /o/) And i repeat...GRASSLAND, not on Falenan Empire, im 100% sure that the explosion vision at the ruins was in Falena, and then came the Sun rune to restore it...And, again, if i recall correctly, there were no situation in Grassland like the situation in Falena, were it was restored to its former form by a True Rune, Grassland was always the Grassland we know, and if that did happend it is indeed impossible to be restored by natural means, as we know the explosion rate a destroyed True Rune can reach.

EDIT: Oh and i just recalled...That vision is indeed the Sun Rune, it was a old leader of antiquity whose got crazy and just unleash Sun Rune power to desecrate and destroy everything
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

I don't believe the Cindar/Sindar/Cinder (however you spell it) ever destroyed their rune. As Ceasar stated, destroying a True Rune would kill God as the runes are fragments of God's will. If God was already dead, there would be no point for Luc to undertake his mission for the very same purpose, if it was already done.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
anakputa

Post by anakputa »

i think the place is really not intended for destroying true runes

luc thought of it as the best place to do the ritual, and he knew that the ceremonial site is has the capacity to collect energy from different sources, and the energy can be channeled to destroy something

luc made his assignment on this
Yeah, Sierra, all this sun makes us cranky...
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

You may be right, but I still think that the place was meant to destroy true runes.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

1. hey this is all but a speculation so we can't be sure about everything

2. about those ruins, its very well possible that a Sindarian also wanted to destroy the True Runes much like Luc is

3. that explosion was the Sun rune gone berserk just like how it went with Lordlake

the restoration afterwards was a manifestation of ALSO the Sun rune's power

it was mentioned somewhere in the game that the sun both have destructive and restorative properties (that makes sense)

and i do not believe it has any connections with destroying of any True Runes

(it's quite a long shot to connect both as the only common denominator between them is the explosion)
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

If the Sindarins would destroy the Circle Rune (is it?), then they would need some other True Runes to perform it, right? Like what Luc did. Hmm....
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The Ceremonial Site is not made to destroy True Runes as Sasarai explains that it's a common Sindar design. Luc just uses it for his own purposes. Just like you can use a toaster to burn paper this doesn't mean that's what the toaster is designed for.

The vision in Falena is the Sun Rune going berserk in Old Armes, not Sindar. The Sindar were the ones that fixed Falena afterwards. Plus, had it been the destruction of a True Rune the continent wouldn't even be there to be fixed anymore.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

anakputa wrote:i think the place is really not intended for destroying true runes

luc thought of it as the best place to do the ritual, and he knew that the ceremonial site is has the capacity to collect energy from different sources, and the energy can be channeled to destroy something

luc made his assignment on this
That is excatly what I thought as I was reading the posts...Lorelai said in S5 that she is Sindar, well to me at least...so hope that helps answer your one question, but I do think it would be really interesting if that was the case (the place was meant to destroy runes)...maybe they just wanted to do what Luc was going to be doing in ...umm....a really long time from then.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Runemaster wrote:If the Sindarins would destroy the Circle Rune (is it?), then they would need some other True Runes to perform it, right? Like what Luc did. Hmm....
Rune of change. Hikusaak has the Circle Rune
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Mikain Clan King wrote:Lorelai said in S5 that she is Sindar, well to me at least
Lorelai was also joking.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Mikain Clan King wrote:Lorelai said in S5 that she is Sindar, well to me at least
Lorelai was also joking.
Figures.....wish I could finish 5, but at this house I don't have a PS2 that works (It was little brother's and he can't seem to take care of anything).
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

All 27 true runes are needed to hold the suikoden world together. Even if 1 was destroyed, that would be the end.
What better place to change destiny than in a place built by the people of change?
However, destroying a True Rune has yet to be proven possible. A noble attempt by Luc, but Leknaat already told him at the beginning at the game that he was foolish and he would fail.
Strategy is the key to victory!