Left hand True Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

...Anyway the position of a Rune (be this a True rune or a common rune) is purely cosmetic or symbolic if you think about it.The power is still inside the person and it being on either the right or left hand should not have any impact on the runes power whatsoever.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Stan wrote:
ShardStar wrote:There were some FF characters that were left handed, I think Kain was and Edge was ambiadexitous.
Really? I thought Cain was right handed..... your talking about the one from FF6 right?
There is no Kain or Cain in Final Fantasy VI. He's on about Kain from FF IV.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

No FF4, I'm pretty sure cause I remeber equiping Kain and Cecile with Ice weapons on different hands.

I think it is cool to see though left handed and right handed people, just as it is to see diversity of skin, eye and hair color. It makes a game world feel richer.
Enslavement of War

Post by Enslavement of War »

Cain is Left handed.

Cecil is Right...

I can't think of any other true left handed people.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Exactly. :)
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Maybe the RoP chose to be on Lazlo's left hand because Lazlo didn't wash good ol righty before running onto the roof? :wink:
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its just the runes preference,all the bearers of the rune of punishment bore it on there left hand
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm just up to the point in Suikoden I where you go to the Dragon Knight's Fortress. One of the Dragon Knights inside the fortress say: "On our Master Joshua's arm is the Dragon Rune, one of the 27 True Runes. That's why he never grows old. It is also his curse.".

Notice he said arm? So, that must mean that Joshua Levenheit used to bear the Dragon Rune on his arm. This was interesting news to me, I never knew that it was located on his arm, of all places.
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

nah thats gotta be a mistake with the translating

read Dragon Master X translators weblog and read the story about futch and joshua, im preety sure I remember reading that the rune tatoo was on joshuas back hand when he took off his glove and he wore gloves to hide the rune

and the stuff DMX translates is official stuff

do you even know who DMX is?

lol youve been gone a long time True Wind Bearer

why did you change your name anyway?
Last edited by son_michael on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

Oh, I forgot about DMX's translation and yeah I know who he is. Oh well, the Suikoden translators strike again.
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

TWB= Fuma?

Thats new..

Anyway what does it matter if a Rune thinks its better to be on the Left hand rather than the right?
Iku

Post by Iku »

umm hugo was left handed but the true rune went on his right (damn it)

Im left handed and im not evil ( well i dont think i am)
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Storywise it can probably placed anywhere... Also on the dirty spots :oops:
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

Stan wrote:
ShardStar wrote:There were some FF characters that were left handed, I think Kain was and Edge was ambiadexitous.
Really? I thought Cain was right handed..... your talking about the one from FF6 right?

Kain from FF4 in PS version or GBA version and FF2 in SNES
and yes hes left handed and Edge is both hands

i actually paid attention to left handed ppl in the games ^^
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think the RoP was purposly put on the left hand because of some symbolism. Because in a way, the RoP did the exact opposite of what the other True Runes did. While the others granted eternal life, the RoP tooketh away life.

But as far using a Rune's power, I don't think it matters where it is on the user. But I think most people put it on their head and hands because it seems that's where you can concentrate most of your power? I don't know. I can honestly say I have never used magic in real life....yet.