Which is the best rune to give Viktor?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celsius

Which is the best rune to give Viktor?

Post by Celsius »

Clone rune or Killer Rune?
Everything you think you know, is incorrect.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Double-Beat

but out of your choices, Killer. especially if you've attached Fire or Lightning Rune Pieces.. cuz Clone atk won't include the element i don't think
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Clone to Vik
Double Beat to Fu Su Lu.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

As someone else said in another thread, at the end of the game you can give viktor the clone rune and put him in back row. This way you can have flik alen and grenseal in front row for pretty boy attack. Viktor can use his rune to attack from back row, and when he cant attack use medicines or dragon seal incense.
Celsius

Post by Celsius »

Thanks. I'm nowhere near the end yet but i'll have to try that. Where can I get a Double-Beat rune?
Everything you think you know, is incorrect.
Lord Tsubaki

Post by Lord Tsubaki »

Eikei has the double-beat rune, you can remove it.
"heehee! a fish, a fish, I wish to catch a fish." - a kid from Kuskus
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Also, eikei can use the boar rune, making him pahn and morgan highly useful. they have a hit all unite, or just blast em one at a time with boar runes.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Viktor's damage and critical rating are good enough as it is... the Clone rune doesn't do as much damage as a standard critical off him, and therefore either Double-Beat or Killer are good runes.

Personally I use Double-Beat, as you generally do more damage / round than using Clone, plus you can attack every round.

When I put clone on him, I found I wasn't using it because of the annoying downtime.
ashlington

Post by ashlington »

Ive just played the game again and i gave viktor a gale rune so that he is first to attack. This got rid of enemies quick. I found it frustrating that he had a good attack but was soooo slow. But for the final battle this wasnt important so i just gave him a holy rune so i could get around quicker.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Actually, I often give him the Sunbeam Rune. It's much more useful in SI than it is in say, S3, since it can heal your WHOLE party outside of battle. Viktor hits pretty hard as it is, and he's not going to be bringing the magic, so I give him the Sunbeam Rune and I pretty much never have to worry about healing the whole game. This allows the rest of my party to devastate with spells. (I use Flik and Alen up front, who are both at least decent with magic, and then the back row is usually the likes of Cleo or some other long range attacker with magic).
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Zotmaster wrote:Actually, I often give him the Sunbeam Rune. It's much more useful in SI than it is in say, S3, since it can heal your WHOLE party outside of battle. Viktor hits pretty hard as it is, and he's not going to be bringing the magic, so I give him the Sunbeam Rune and I pretty much never have to worry about healing the whole game. This allows the rest of my party to devastate with spells. (I use Flik and Alen up front, who are both at least decent with magic, and then the back row is usually the likes of Cleo or some other long range attacker with magic).
yeah I always have the sunbeam rune in someone in my party, people with poor magical skills so often in Viktor. Healing in and out of battle is very useful.. I don't think I ever used medicines in normal battles afterwards.. but I do pile on the water rune pieces a bit...

on that note, has anyone noticed water rune pieces reducing characters attacks (maybe only on certain enemies with an affinity to water)?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

I gave him Flowing. Magic slots are more plentiful in this game than the others. You'd be surprised to see how well this works.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
adrenachrome336

Post by adrenachrome336 »

i never understood the point of equipping Vik with the double beat rune, the only time its useful is the final boss. Everything else just evades and counterattacks doing twice the normal damage with 1 counter, but then he attacks again getting countered 1 more time, doing 4x the normal damage to him. This especially annoying against elite soldiers and sonya.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've only seen Viktor have trouble with the Elite Soldiers and Sonya. when i give him double beat, he also has as many skill boosting items as he can wear. it is dangerous, yes, but he's going to be in your party for most of the game and i want him to be more productive. to me, using the Clone Rune is less productive than having him do 1 attack per turn with the chance of criticals and the extra damage from the Fire Rune Piece (why not use Fire/Lightning it on your permanent characters Viktor/Flik). Double-Beat makes him much more efficient.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Killer Rune is the obvious choice. The Clone Rune only does 1x damage, which is exactly the same as a normal attack. The rune does allow for back-row attacks from S range fighters, but Viktor excels at defense anyway so that is irrelevant.

The Killer Rune, on the other hand, increases your chances of doing a critical attack, which multiplies the damage by 3. Although it is only a chance, it is a much better choice than the Clone Rune.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.