Killing the generals and Kasios

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
CameoChic444

Killing the generals and Kasios

Post by CameoChic444 »

I have played the game recently and noticed that after you defeat them, you can kill Milich and Kwanda but not Sonya or Kasim - Maybe they were just more important or there is no special reason for this but I found it odd.

Also, this has probably been covered before but I have read that Kasios is a man - Is this true???
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Kasios is a guy, yes.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I don't know why you can kill Kwanda and Milich but not Kasim and Sonya. You can just leave Sonya in prison, never letting her come out, but that is only if you want to screw up your stars.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

You're given the option to kill Kwanda and Milich because you would have reasons to do so. Killing Kwanda because he wanted to kill you with Burning Mirror, and he wanted to destroy the Kobolds, Elves, and blamed it on the Dwarves. Killing Milich because he killed Gremio obviously.

On the other hand, there was no reason to kill Kasim especially because he surrendered. And killing Sonya wouldn't really make sense either because you knew that she was under brief emotion.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Eh...that's true, but wait a minute, Kasios a guy? Oops!
I have though she...ahem...he was a girl for years.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Many thought Kasios was a girl, too. Even I did, until Konami came out and told us.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Konami need to fix there damn avatars/pic a little bit. Atleast in a remake of Suikoden I they need to fix it all!
Felara

Post by Felara »

I was completely shocked when I found out that Kasios was a guy, as well... mainly because I was convinced he was a girl. I tried to think back and remember if they ever referred to Kasios as male or female in the game, and I couldn't remember, so I thought I had missed something. Now that I know Konami changed it on purpose, I don't feel quite as silly, haha.
Siel Avadon wrote:Konami need to fix there damn avatars/pic a little bit. Atleast in a remake of Suikoden I they need to fix it all!
Eh, I disagree. Sure, some of the avatar pictures are a little sketchy (I also thought Sheena was a girl for quite a while, heh), but I think that adds to the charm of the game.
And what's this about a remake? Suikoden I doesn't need a remake. Well, I can see where people may think so, but I'd rather it stays exactly as it is now, translation errors and all. I'd miss those if they changed them, as silly as that may sound.
Besides, I think the best line ever is an error in Suikoden II - "Yoshino enjoys spending time with her husband, Yoshino." Cracks me up every time. :lol:
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well I found a strange line from kirkis, like this

Kill him!
let him live!

Or something like that

But Kaisios a man? Damn, Wasnt she/he in love with Milich :roll: . I didnt say they should make a remake, Only if they was going to make one I meant :wink:

Ehm, Kwanda and Milich might be unimportant generals aswell. They might not be as high up as Teo/Kasim/Sonya and that the liberation know that the Emperor dont care as much for them
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Siel Avadon wrote:Ehm, Kwanda and Milich might be unimportant generals aswell. They might not be as high up as Teo/Kasim/Sonya and that the liberation know that the Emperor dont care as much for them
All 5 of them were The Five Great Generals. So it was obvious that they had the same level of rank.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Red Killey wrote:
Siel Avadon wrote:Ehm, Kwanda and Milich might be unimportant generals aswell. They might not be as high up as Teo/Kasim/Sonya and that the liberation know that the Emperor dont care as much for them
All 5 of them were The Five Great Generals. So it was obvious that they had the same level of rank.
Yes, But they might been more liked and disliked by the emperor!
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

WHAT!!!!!!!??????????? Kasios is a dude!?!?!?!? but... but... well... i guess we have yet another narcissist on our hands.... :?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

I thought Kasios was male the whole time. o.o

Now Quincy, on the other hand...

And the Great Generals weren't really any more or less liked by Barbarossa, they were all his close companions during the Succession War.
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

Well, I figured Kasios was a guy because the name is a man's. It's a litterary referance; I forget from where though. :(
Uh Oh
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Didn't they use the 'she' pronoun at the end of the game?