Rune Affinity System in Suikoden 1?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Agremsep

Rune Affinity System in Suikoden 1?

Post by Agremsep »

Em, I just noticed the site (suikosource) do not have the Rune Affinity guide for Suikoden 1. I was wondering if there is no Rune Affinity system implemented on the first game, hence there is no guide on the site.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Yeah, I'm replaying the game and when I come here, I've noticed there's no rune affinity system too... although for sure there is one. Perhaps the characters' weapon element is the same as the element they're most adept with?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

highwind44029 wrote:Yeah, I'm replaying the game and when I come here, I've noticed there's no rune affinity system too... although for sure there is one. Perhaps the characters' weapon element is the same as the element they're most adept with?
So is there a Rune Affinity System in Suikoden 1 or not? If there is, I hope the admins would make the guide just like the Suikodens.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I have no idea. Most likely there is. Kirkis seems to be doing more damage with a Wind Rune and his magic is only average.

Edit: He has a Guard Robe and 2 Emblems... Oy...
Last edited by highwind44029 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

highwind44029 wrote:I have no idea. Most likely there is. Kirkis seems to be doing more damage with a Wind Rune and his magic is only average.
Yes, I cannot deny that fact. So, I can safely assume there is a slight Rune Affinity system in the game. But why is there no guide on the Suikosource?
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

No-one got around to writing for the oldest game in the series yet? I mean, with II, III and IV being the big players now I could see why guides on the original would be put on the back-burner until the later games (which logically more people would have an interest in because they're newer) were covered.

As far as I can tell, there's some sort of slight affinity system in Suikoden I but nothing so major as to warrant a guide. Maybe some sort of single "specialty rune"?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Most probably the admins are busy with Suikoden IV. But I hope once they are settled, they would add the guide into Suikoden 1 to make it look complete.
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

There is no rune affinity system in Suikoden 1. That means that whichever character has the highest MAG stat is the best with every rune.

On a side note, Crowley has a secret boost to his magic stat. Otherwise, he'd be tied with Luc as best. So both Luc and Crowley are the best mages...if you don't take into account thier other stats, which are really bad.
~Blue Thunder~
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

There is no rune affinity system in Suikoden 1. That means that whichever character has the highest MAG stat is the best with every rune.
Ok, now I am confused. So, there is no rune affinity system in Suikoden 1? Is that why there is no guide in the Suikosource? Someone please give me an official answer. =.=
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There is no rune affinity in Suikoden 1.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Thank you. Someone lock this thread please.