rune combos

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
WIND

rune combos

Post by WIND »

heyo!! well seeing that i'm too lazy, can some one tell which runes combine to make a powerful attack...i'd go out and find out, but i'm to lazy
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

The one I know the best is Shining Wind from the Cyclone Rune and the most powerful spell on the Mother Earth Rune combine. That's all I can think of.
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
WIND

Post by WIND »

thanks, i gotta try that
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

i dont especially like giving you an answer since your reason for not finding it was that "you're lazy", but since im a lazyass myself i'll do it anyway. the Rage Rune and Thunder Rune spell "Blazing Camp" does about 1200 damage to one enemy, i believe.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
WIND

Post by WIND »

horray for lazyasses!!!!! :D :D
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

It doesn't have to be Rage Rune and Thunder Rune. It works just fine with a normal Fire and Lightning Runes, as long as they are both level 4 spells.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the most offensive group damage done in any combo comes from ones with Fire, and the strongest single-target combos come from Lightning.

another mentionable is Water, when it is involved in a combo, it heals, restores, and revives your entire party.

the available combos are when you combine these elements...
fire, lightning
lightning, water
water, wind
wind, earth
earth, fire
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

I don't find the rune unites to be as powerful casting the two spells on seperater turns. Isn't the lvl 4 spell for a Lightening Rune (not Thunder) 1000 damage to a single person? Lvl 4 Thunder AND lvl 4 Rage seem like a complete WASTE if it only does 1200 then no?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I rarely use combo myself, but the one of Water and Wind (if I'm not mistaken) was very useful because it's the only way for you to revive ALL of your KO-ed characters into full HP.

And I think Blazing Camp deals more than 1,200 damage. I don't remember exactly the damage, but IIRC, it deals huge damage to 1 enemy and like lesser damage to the other enemies as well. But I'm not too sure on this.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Actually I usually use pure magicians such as Luc and Mazus and dayamn do they carve it up. In Suikoden II I had all the elemental runes betwen Luc and Mazus when I took on the beast rune hahaha, talk about an easy battle. Mind you if I also had Viktor in the party with a double-beat and killer rune and in fury due to the battle oath spell, and not suprisingly he did two criticals and dealt more damage than Luc and Mazus togather. Thing is the only reason this happened is coz I stuffed up and used two compatible lvl4 spells that united. I still think that two seperate spells do more damage then when combined. Anyone else have any ideas on this?
Ginzo

Post by Ginzo »

The first time it happened to me (a combo) was during the battle with Luca Blight ,though I never thought it was a combo(I thought maybe this is happeneing because I'm facing Luca)

That combo was blazing camp

After that and just after the final war battle (the way to L'renuale*)

I was at the rune shop reading the information about the runes
when I thought (fire:strong against groups
lightening: strong against individuals)

hmmm may be there is a connection and then I started trying out the other runes and came out with the same result

Combining the final spell of each rune as follows:

Fire + Lightening = Blazing Camp
Lightening + Water = Thor
Water + Wind= Water Dragon
Wind + Earth = (forgot its name :P )
Earth + Fire = Scorched Earth

Now here is something to think of:

Darkness + Resurrection = ?? ( I've tried it but with no result)

What do you think would come out of this combo?
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Ginzo wrote:Wind + Earth = (forgot its name )
Wind Fang?
Ginzo wrote:Darkness + Resurrection = ?? ( I've tried it but with no result)

What do you think would come out of this combo?
Nothing. It isn't an element but an affinity. Apparently there are 3 rune combos as well. I'll try this out but I've read up somewhere (might have been in the game) that if 3 certain runes are used the most powerful magic is unleashed. Not sure if it is bs or not though. Anyone? Test it out if you've the time.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

Does earth and thunder do anithing? I would try it out myself, but im currently on holidays (hooray holidays!!)
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

flame_champ wrote:Does earth and thunder do anithing? I would try it out myself, but im currently on holidays (hooray holidays!!)
No, the only rune combos in the game are already listed twice in this topic. There is no other rune combos.
Ginzo

Post by Ginzo »

Nothing. It isn't an element but an affinity. Apparently there are 3 rune combos as well. I'll try this out but I've read up somewhere (might have been in the game) that if 3 certain runes are used the most powerful magic is unleashed. Not sure if it is bs or not though. Anyone? Test it out if you've the time.

I've had a feeling about this when reading the book( that tells the story of the true runes - old book vol ?? 3 perhaps?)

As the book says there was darkness and then it shed two tears ............................... (to the end)

So I thought what if I combine the final spell of each (Bright shield,Black sword , and darkness) ???

However doing that is only possible during the fight with Gordo since both Jowy and Riou both have their final spells , only problem is there isn't a third person holding darkness 8)

I've tried equipping Riou with Darkness but nothing happened