Sarady: fortune rune

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

um you guys are forgetting that you can actually BUY the fortune rune at towards the end of the game

but the prosperity rune can only be achieved either by random battle or the beginning side quest to sarady

so I just go ahead and get the prosperity rune

ps: you can ALWAYS use more money, money is much more important
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, but there's plenty of ways to get money in the game besides battling.

On the other hand there's just one way to get more EXP; and that's from fighting battles. Of course you could spend tons of time acquiring EXP from the fortune wheel in Lepant's Mansion but that's just a little too much.

And to Greywolf: Of course you can get to level twenty just by playing through the game. But when that happens as a result of just getting to new areas what level would the enemies be? Level 20, or somewhere near there. On the other hand, with the Fortune Rune and the advice here you can be at level 20 while the enemies are only level 1 or 2. Clearly a much better choice; at least until the enemies' levels catch up with yours. It's exactly the same with the Matilda Glitch (well, it's a little different in some ways but in the end it's just for level gaining).
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

It just seems highly impractical to do that. 150-200k potch? You can just go ahead and use that in upgrading your characters. Why waste it just so you could have an advantage that will last for a limited time.
Sazar

Post by Sazar »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:I'm not sure where I read this, but it works.
On your way to Sarady to receive the Fortune rune go to Rockland, Play Marco's game until you get about 150-200thousand potch (there is a whole pattern, like right middle right), bribe your way through Mt. Tigerwolf (still at level one) equip fortune rune, sharpen your weapon in Lenankamp, get best armor possible for right now, then find a fight of six mosquitos (have one or two packs of medicine-you'll need them) and kill them all, you will instantly be at level 20. :twisted:
Did you read it on the site?
I used this trick about 5 years ago, and I wrote the whole thing down
I was able to play 12 or so times at once and never lose

All this excitement makes me want to replay Suikoden 1 again...Its been about 4 years since I played last...hmm, It would be my 20-40 th time playing it haha..
blank

Post by blank »

this topic was posted a million times before, it makes me sick