Leveling up trick?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
CCByouknowme

Leveling up trick?

Post by CCByouknowme »

Hello people! I've been coming to this site for years now but just this year started posting. Now I've been looking on the boards for this but have not noticed anyone bringing it up. Now all of you may already know about this leveling trick and I could be writing this for nothing and looking like a complete idiot! But if by some chance some of you do not know about this, then enjoy!

This leveling trick I discovered is similar to the 99 leveling trick you do at L'Renoile. Sorry I probably misspelled that! Anyway, this leveling up to 99 trick I discovered is in L'Renouille. It involves the Highland group of soldiers with the Commander, just like the other level 99 trick we all use. You will need to do 3 things in order for my trick to work.

1. Only have the character you want to level up and Riou in your party! Of course we all know Riou is a fixture in your party no matter what. But again, Riou and the member you want to level up! Example: Riou & Hoi. That is it. Just the 2 of them!

2. Fortune Rune! You need to have a Fortune Rune and equip it to the character you want to level up to 99.
3. Have Riou at level 63 or higher. Preferably have Riou at level 99 already but in any case have him at level 63 or higher! This is because you need to fight the Commander & the 5 soldiers in a random battle. Again this trick involves the Commander and the 5 other soldiers just like the other level 99 trick. Having Riou at this level gives you the option to RUN from other random battles until you find the group of Highland Soldiers you are looking for! Again, you only have 2 people in your party!
Now here is where it gets interesting. Futch was level 40 when I tried this trick! I took him and Riou; had Futch equipped with the fortune rune and found the Highland group of soldiers with the Commander. I had Futch defend and Riou defeated the soldiers in a round or two. After the battle Futch's level shot up to level 99!!
Really you want to have the character you want to level up at level 39. But I have tried this with other characters who were at level 40 as well. I had Ellie at level 41 and tried this trick. Guess what? After defeating the group of Highland soldiers her level shot up to level 97!!
This trick is nice because it does not involve you killing Riou or your other party members just to get your character you want to level up to 99! This way you are in control of the battle more instead of relying on the stupid AI to finally killing off Riou and the other party members! Anyway I hope someone reads this and finds it helpful. If you have any questions just post and I can answer them! Enjoy! :D
Last edited by CCByouknowme on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Leveling up trick?

Post by KFCrispy »

your information was a little hard to follow, but it can definitely save some preparation time as long as you took the Fortune Rune from the Guardian Deity event.
For the normal trick I would normally first have a random party and give Riou the Fire Lizard so he can fight random enemies and KO himself from attacking or reduce his HP to be really low... then switch parties to just Riou with the level 99 candidate and skip battles until you get the right enemy party.

Thanks!
CCByouknowme

Post by CCByouknowme »

No problem! Yeah, I tried to cram to much info in that one post! But the leveling trick I described in my post is so much easier for me than the other level 99 trick I've been doing for years! I just got tired of always having to kill Riou and the other party members, just to get that one character to level 99. This way, you can keep Riou alive and just defeat the Highland group of soldiers and BAM! Your character can get to level 99!

Also, just like you said Kfcrispy, I get the Fortune Rune from the Guardian Deity event. And just remember you can only have Riou and the character you want to level to 99 in your party! Anymore members will reduce the experience points you receive and you can only level up to 89!

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask! I'll try my best to explain. I just hope everyone can use this leveling up trick and make their game experience that much more enjoyable!

Edited: I also should have gotten this point across in my other post. Your character does not have to be at level 49 for my trick to work! The characters can be levels 39 or 40 and have them equiped with a Fortune Rune. For example; take Riou and Hoi to L'Renoile. Hoi should be at level 39 or 40. Hoi should be equipped with the Fortune Rune. Find a group of 6 Highland soldiers with the Commander, to battle. Then win the battle and Hoi's level will jump to 99!! But I will say this again; you only need to take Riou and another party member! Just the two of them! Just like in my example; Riou & Hoi defeated the Highland group of soldiers and Hoi's level will jump to 99!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Due to the leveling system here I had my notes as below :

1. Get level 39 character to 99 is possible WITHOUT Fortune rune but Riou must be dead
2. WITH Fortune rune equipped then Riou doesn't have to die and the level 39 character can jump to 99.
3. A character at level 1-49 with Fortune rune equipped survives the battle after Riou commits suicide, he will jump to 99 as well.
Last edited by Punkaiser on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Use 6 Pixie for Riou and Nanami lv 99... This is my plan for further game..
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
CCByouknowme

Post by CCByouknowme »

Punkaiser your exactly right. You see I have not played this game in 10 years! I had no idea you could keep Riou alive and still have your level 39 character jump to level 99!! That is how far behind the times I am!! Like I said in my first post, I will probably look like an idiot posting this Topic! You learn something new everyday.

Also Veeshadow, you mentioned the level 99 trick with the Pixie's. Is there a FAQ or a Topic on this trick that explains it in more detail? I wouldn't mind getting Nanami to level 99 in my next playthrough!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

The Pixie trick is about the same as the L'renouille trick and I think it's rarer to spawn 6 pixies than 6 highlanders plus the part the pixes use mini attack which is more annoying so most players prefer the other way, just the interesting part is that one allows early level boost to 80 without fortune rune. Here's my note:

1. During first entry to Rakutei Mt, if only 1 character at level 20-21 survives without fortune rune equipped in 6 pixies battle (level 36 pixie), he will jump to 80-81
<this one is handy for Riou/nanami/jowy and early characters like Millie, Rikimaru,zamza ...etc.. by using mathilda glitch at the beginning>

2. From second entry to Rakutei Mt, this time the Pixie's level is 55 so it's got exactly same 3 options to boost chracters to 99 as I stated above with highlander group
Last edited by Punkaiser on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
CCByouknowme

Post by CCByouknowme »

Thanks for the info Punkaiser! Iv'e never tried the leveling trick with the Pixie's before. I'll try this on my next go around! Thanks again for the detailed info!!