A few questions

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
thecasualoblivion

A few questions

Post by thecasualoblivion »

1. Where is Joshua? I've recruited him, and he appears on my list and in the major battles. I can't find him anywhere in the castle. Is he even there, or is he back at his castle.

2. I have a glitch in my game where the combo beauty attack does not work properly. I do this attack, and the screen flashes, the game and music slow down a bit, and then it does 70 damage to all monsters regardless of what level I'm at(it did 70 at level 25, and it does the same damage now that I'm level 60). It glitches when I play the game on my PS1, and it glitches it on the PS2 as well. Does anyone else have this problem.

3. I've noticed this, and was wondering if anyone else has: Luck helps you get items from monsters. I noticed myself getting more items than usual in a certain area(I forget which) and then looked and noticed that I was using a lot of characters with high luck. I recently put together "Team Luck" consisting of McDohl, Gon, Hix, Sylvina, Meg, and Mina. Not the strongest party, but a surprisingly balanced one. It seems like monsters drop a LOT more with these guys.

4. The Double-Beat Rune. What exactly is this supposed to do. I have observed it as doing two attacks against two different monsters about half the time. About half of the time there are two monsters on the screen and my Double-Beat character attacks, he/she simply does one attack. Against one monster, the Double-Beat character attacks only once, though I had one instance with the Double-Beat Rune on Clive(And I'm sure it was Clive) attacking a single boss(I forget which, but it definitely was a boss battle) where he attacked twice. He did this once during the battle and never again, and I've never had this rune make somebody attack twice against one monster in any other instance. Is my game working properly or is this what the rune is supposed to do.
Lemmy Claypool

Re: A few questions

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

thecasualoblivion wrote:1. Where is Joshua? I've recruited him, and he appears on my list and in the major battles. I can't find him anywhere in the castle. Is he even there, or is he back at his castle.
He stays at the Dragons' Den. Apparently the Dragon Rune can't leave that domain for very long.
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

3) I think you're just purely lucky. I never noticed any difference.
Kreutz

Post by Kreutz »

thecasualoblivion wrote:4. The Double-Beat Rune. What exactly is this supposed to do. I have observed it as doing two attacks against two different monsters about half the time. About half of the time there are two monsters on the screen and my Double-Beat character attacks, he/she simply does one attack. Against one monster, the Double-Beat character attacks only once, though I had one instance with the Double-Beat Rune on Clive(And I'm sure it was Clive) attacking a single boss(I forget which, but it definitely was a boss battle) where he attacked twice. He did this once during the battle and never again, and I've never had this rune make somebody attack twice against one monster in any other instance. Is my game working properly or is this what the rune is supposed to do.
Well from what I've seen with the Double-Beat Rune, is that it's most useful when you are in a battle with multiple enemies. The bearer of the rune should hit one enemy when it's their turn, and then another enemy afterwards. I have the Double-Beat Rune equipped to Viktor, and when we are fighting a single enemy, he will only hit them once. Sometimes in a battle, he will hit one enemy, and then land a critical attack on the other. :P
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Kreutz, you know he posted that going on a year ago, right? It doesnt even look like he still posts here either.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Kreutz

Post by Kreutz »

You're probably right. But what if someone else (a guest) was looking up information about that sort of stuff, this thread in particular, couldn't it be useful as a reference?
Nalleo

Post by Nalleo »

Since this is a few questions thread,I just wanted to know how can I get Window Rune for me to recruit Window.So,where can I find it?
akuma x

Post by akuma x »

Nalleo wrote:Since this is a few questions thread,I just wanted to know how can I get Window Rune for me to recruit Window.So,where can I find it?

i believe the window crystal is found in the cave at qlon temple...correct me if im wrong, havent played this game in a while
"To challenge me is to respect chaos, and to respect death!" - Akuma