About the hidden items trick

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
The Black Knight

About the hidden items trick

Post by The Black Knight »

After the audience with the Emperor, don't go home. Instead, go to Sarady and talk to the man in the upper-right house. You'll get a Fortune Rune.
Alternately, go home and as soon as Ted joins the party, go to Sarady and talk to the man in the upper-right house. You'll get a Prosperity Rune.
It says after the audience with the Emperor go to Sarady but dosnt Teo guide you home.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i guess it's bad writing. just leave the house and head to Sarady.. but u're gonna be facing some encounters so make sure to save, and when u level up, save again....
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

o so after i get to the house i go to sarady?
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
blank

Post by blank »

BEFORE you go to your house,go to sarady, then after acquiring the fortune orb, return to your house, there ted will join you and will ask you if you want to rest ( i dont know what he will ask you) but ignore him and go back yo sarady to get the peosperity orb
blank

Post by blank »

yes its AFTER, my mistake, then go out, then just follow what i had written above
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

Teo guides you into your house and Gremio appears. Once both of them split, that is your chance. If you walk upstairs Ted will join your party, and the rare item will change. Also, you can only get ONE of the runes.
~Blue Thunder~
Westley

Post by Westley »

Hi, I've this problem. After Teo brings me to the house, i leave Gminster alone go level up and get my armor and medicine. I reach sarady, went into the upper right house. There's this guy in a blue trench coat right? I talk to him but all he says is there's a rumour that odessa is a 9 foot giant. No fortune orb. Help please.
The bluest sky is ever high & crystal clear.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

Maybe it's possible you leveled too much? Has anyone checked up on this? Does Tir have to not just be by himself but also BELOW A CERTAIN LEVEL in order to get the Fortune Rune? wow, that'd be crazy if that's the case.

previous poster- what level did you get Tir up to before trying to get the rune?

edit: of course, im assuming he's asking the right person for the rune, which may not be true...
Westley

Post by Westley »

I think it should be level 9. And I forgot to mention before, I also sharpened the weapon to level 3. Think the sharpening makes any difference?
oops

Post by oops »

Westley wrote:Hi, I've this problem. After Teo brings me to the house, i leave Gminster alone go level up and get my armor and medicine. I reach sarady, went into the upper right house. There's this guy in a blue trench coat right? I talk to him but all he says is there's a rumour that odessa is a 9 foot giant. No fortune orb. Help please.
looks like you have gone too far and triggered another event to stop this from working. I've leveled up to about 18 before going up there before and have obtained it ok
Westley wrote:I think it should be level 9. And I forgot to mention before, I also sharpened the weapon to level 3. Think the sharpening makes any difference?
sharpening makes u hit higher
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's before you take Ted to your room, right?
oops

Post by oops »

soon as you enter the house for the 1st time go right back out without talking to anyone.
Westley

Post by Westley »

Hi, I managed to get the fortune rune. I think the problem was that i spoke to marco at rockland and played the cup game. Don't speak to any stars to be safe. Thanks everyone.
oops

Post by oops »

I've heard that many people have spoken to marco to gain money to purchase armour and medicine to help with the trip.

EDIT: Ok I've just started the game again and got the rune no problem, I spoke with everyone I could besides anyone in the house. I made it easier by getting 20000 from marco's game and going str8 there and just bribing the battles so I would not die :P