Possible bug in Proving Grounds

Discussions on specific quests/challenges/events in the game that will spoil the story.
thcrock
Global Admin

Possible bug in Proving Grounds

Post by thcrock »

I encountered what seems like a bug but wanted to post to see if anybody else encountered it.

In the Proving Grounds, near the end Kallathor is supposed to open the last door that you can see in the main corridor. I got that scene, but the door still isn't open. I can't retrigger the scene, so I basically have no way of continuing.

The walkthroughs and let's play I've looked at all indicate that this scene with Kallathor is what opens the door and nothing else is needed.

I did notice that during that scene, some of the dialogue from Kallathor showed up in the room the main party was in (even though Kallathor was in the other room) or against a black screen. When I watched the Let's Play, I noticed that this dialogue was showing up in the room he was in instead. I wonder if this scene bugged out and is now preventing progress?
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Possible bug in Proving Grounds

Post by thcrock »

Update: not a bug, but it wasn't clear to me that the triangle sigil was still missing. It worked after I got that but I guess most people do them in the other order which is why it was confusing to me.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

This dungeon is a mess.
The problem is the game is not clear enough, about you have to do, they only say you need to align it to get a path, they didn't say anything about switches. That I can live with, but the vision field from the switch is not very good so you can barely see the different configurations so you cant really tell if there are new path opens or not.

I think the map should change the paths from green to red dependign the configuration so you can see more clearly, since all appear in green all the time, except the two doors with a switch you cant really tell when do you have new paths, you basically need to walk into the corridor each time you push to see what changes.

Not to mention all the dead ends with just a chest and the insane enemy spawn rate
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's a surprise that people have issues with this dungeon. I didn't even explore much and I got the way forward open with just two rotations of the main room. I only went back and explored the less straightforward routes (i.e. no direct route and need to go back through the side exits) to grab all the remaining chests.

My only comment is that I didn't like how they wouldn't let us go back to HQ during this part of the game, so juggling the inventory was an unnecessary additional challenge.