rune combos

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

This ain't fair mate. I've been in town last night and you're making me think heavy now.

Aite well for the first part yea we're basically agreeing, HOWEVER there is the extra option I stated before (the elements aren't evenly compatible)[/], but lets just say its the first.
Harukaze wrote:Look at my last post and think of the middle letter being the focus and you should see what I mean.

Same thing I did with mine :lol: .

As for scenario one I think only the option of two support runes being compatible with the focus rune is of any importance as that would enable single rune unites. Two support runes going against the source can kinda go out the window as it doesn't match up with two rune unites. Technically you could say that in two rune unites the components counter each other but this would mean that the force wouldn't ballance if you just chuck in another rune, plus we know that the two runes must be compatible because Crowley said so :D .

So it can basically only be the former or scenario two, but I think it is very unlikely for him to "dodge/side step" the whole compatibility factor, but if he did manage to dodge the issue than 4 rune unites would be possible too as the balance wouldn't be an issue.

I respect your views and am also the one to talk about ideas and how things work opposed to simple events that happen. I doubt Konami will ever do anything in this form until either they run out of true runes or we bombard them with fan mail heh.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Either I'm way too tired to think, or there's no where left for us to go with this, or... I'm way too tired to think.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. The second version of scenario one. Basically it's taking an existing two Rune unite and adding a sort of backlash to it. Hm. Definately too tired to explain the thought. I'm also going to need to look up what each of these Unites actually does before I can come up with concrete examples, and I'm going to be asleep long before I work up the will to do that ;)
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Actually, the Old Book in Suikoden 1 was poorly translated and made it sound like three-way unites were invented by Crowley. However, the Japanese version mentions nothing of that sort.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Dammit. So basically the whole thing is out due to poor English translations yet again.

Do you know what the book actually says???
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I can't check the exact wording at the moment because I havn't completely unpacked and I can't locate my copy of the game. However, I will let you know once I find it.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Well I'll be damned. That's a lot of theorizing for a moot point :/
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

LOLLLLLLL

And we were just getting into it too. O well guess at least you can use it for your tabletop unless you wanna stick to the story.

Tanx for looking SARS. Btw, when did you move in anyways?? I knew you had a month to go last time you told me but I forgot when that was. Hope the move went well for ya (and hopefully nothings broken....ESPECIALLY Suikoden heh).
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

I'm still thinking of it. I'm only in the most basic planning stages. I'm sort of rusty on d20, so I've joined a D&D against my better judgment, if for no other reason than that it uses the same basic system. The beauty of d20 of course is that it's public domain. Oddly I started with unites [the regular kind, not a Rune unite], since that's a fairly unique idea from Suikoden to bring to tabletop. Now, I'm working on races and classes and the like, mostly, and then I'll begin to worry about how Runes work. And -then- I'll worry about Rune unites. I'm honestly not sure if I would do a three Rune unite, but I might toss it in under an optional rule.

Of all the stupid things translators had to mess up....
Jack of All Trades

Re: rune combos

Post by Jack of All Trades »

So um...yeah d20 suikoden sounds awesome, you should share your game with us when you finish, but back to the original topic. Do the rune unites have to be performed by one person, or can two people still do it in this game?
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

You can do it with two people...
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

thankyou