Soul Eater very small theory?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Frodo1990

Soul Eater very small theory?

Post by Frodo1990 »

Well I notice that in suikoden 1, the fourth level spell of the Soul Eater features "4 entities" attacking and they represent the four persons that died due to the influence of the Soul Eater. So it was curious that in Suikoden 2, the fourth spell of the same rune, now features "6 entities" instead of four. This was just a aesthetic or oversight of the developers or there was a intentional reasoning behind it?

Well sometimes I think that the Soul Eater also influenced the death of Mathiu at the end of suikoden 1 and he was one of the victims of the Soul Eater influence.
So according to my theory or headcannon, in suikoden 2, the 6 entities you see are the four victims of suikoden 1 plus Mathiu, but I don't know who could be the 6th one.... Some ideas?
KingSpilly

Re: Soul Eater very small theory?

Post by KingSpilly »

Maybe Barbarossa?
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Frodo1990

Post by Frodo1990 »

Hmm it could be? Still its a shame that most of the characters that died in suikoden 1 due to the Soul Eater, they have very little screentime before dying. I think the only one who has most screentime is Gremio?? And then Odessa? But still their deaths were too quickly before I could form a bond with them but still their death scenes are very sad, specially when Odessa asks to throw her corpse at the sewers and hide his death ;-; or how Gremio and Teo said that they were proud of the protagonist before dying ;-;.
Still the cause of death of Gremio was strange, I mean, seriously, carnivorous leeches?!
Despite that I always cry with every death scene of suikoden 1, with the death scenes of suikoden 2 I cry even more, specially if I dont get the good ending ;-;
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

KingSpilly wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 pm Maybe Barbarossa?
Barbarossa's not dead.

I don't think the number correlates with anything story-wise or that they represent the people that died during the rune's level-up.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Antimatzist wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:46 am Barbarossa's not dead.
I feel like Barbarossa would have much less of a reason to stay in hiding after surviving the jump off of the roof than Windy since he seemed to genuinely intend to atone for his actions.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Barbarossa is not dead? Was this confirmed?
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

No. He's officially just missing, as his body was never found. Neither his death nor survival has ever been confirmed.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

KingSpilly wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:16 pm
Antimatzist wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:46 am Barbarossa's not dead.
I feel like Barbarossa would have much less of a reason to stay in hiding after surviving the jump off of the roof than Windy since he seemed to genuinely intend to atone for his actions.
Who knows, maybe after he landed, he thought "Well ... if nobody's looking for me ... I'll just go to Rikon and open an item shop."

To the topic: Ted's Soul Eater in Suikoden IV doesn't have any ghosts or anything in the spell, so I'd just put this to graphical constraints (or better capabilities in Suikoden II).