Question About Nash Latkje

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
JuveLeo

Question About Nash Latkje

Post by JuveLeo »

Now I'd like to start off by saying that my Suikoden 3 and Nash Latkje knowledge is quite rusty, but isn't Nash supposed to be a highly skilled swordsman? His stats are decent at best in S3. I was just expecting much more from the man who supposedly defeated Seed and Culgan. Is he holding back for some odd reason during the second Fire Bringer war?
KingSpilly

Re: Question About Nash Latkje

Post by KingSpilly »

Iirc, he didn't defeat Seed and Culgan so much as he poisoned Seed before being defeated by Culgan, who then gets Seed out of there to presumably get medical help. Also, while the sword he used in that fight was extremely powerful, it causes him to lose control.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Like mentioned, he doesn't really win, Culgan had his sword to Nash's neck but lets him go in exchange for the antidote to the poison that Seed got hit with.

He doesn't really fight with a sword unless it's Grosser Fluss and he avoid that because it makes him lose control, he skilled with it but it's not your typical swordman skill. The poison that coats the sword is also very potent so all he needs to typically do is get one hit in and it'll be over quickly afterwards.

Most of the time he fights with various methods, darts are a common one but he relies on trickery to avoid fights a lot.

It is weird though that his first game his subtitled Swordsman of Harmonia when he doesn't really use a sword unless forced to and those swords aren't really typical swords.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

I like to subscribe to the theory is that he's just "older" and "lazy" 😊
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also in Suikogaiden Vol.1, Nash encounters Georg Prime in Greenhill (depends on what choice you make) and indicates how he is no match for someone like Georg. His skill as a swordsman doesn't seem to be anything super incredible. That and he is about 15 years older in Suikoden 3, which makes it possible to argue he lost his skill (of course, we do have older folks who fight much better in these fantasy settings... but there's no official info after all so just providing what may be an explanation).
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Thanks for clarifying guys. I was puzzled when I encountered him initially. Aside from that he's a great character and I enjoyed him in Suiko 3, especially his humour lol