Login issues

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
wataru14
Guide Writer

Login issues

Post by wataru14 »

I have not been able to log in to the boards on my home computer in ages. Every time I try, I get "the form submitted was invalid." I can log on on my phone, it seems, but not on the site. The same error happens when I try to reset my password or contact the board through the FAQ page.

I do use a VPN, could that have something to do with it?
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Login issues

Post by thcrock »

It is possible that an old cached template on your browser could be at fault. Try a hard refresh or clearing your browser cache. Basically I did a phpbb software upgrade recently and it introduced a hidden form field which the old version didn't have. Without that, the login would fail. If that's the case, a hard refresh should force your browser to retrieve the new version of the login page.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I cleared every cookie on my computer and my entire history and I still cannot logon. "The form submitted was invalid." It says the same thing when I try to reset my password and when I click the link on the page to delete cookies it says "something went wrong."

Should I create another account and see if I can log on with that?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

It has something to do with Chrome. I went on Microsoft Edge and managed to login just fine. Oh well, problem solved, I guess.