Bye Bye Rare Items (Bug??)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Rabid Kobold

Bye Bye Rare Items (Bug??)

Post by Rabid Kobold »

okay, here's a run down of what happened to me. I had just gotten access to Muse Area (when Pilika asks you to buy wooden amulet) so I went to all the towns accessible to pick up all the rare stuff, namely recipe's and books, anyway after that I was fighting, leveling up so I could get the potch to sharpen everyone's weapon to the highest level at Coronet, after awhile I figured I'd use the Matilda trick, kill one baddie, and I'd get a whole lot more money that way right? Well I saved in Coronet, went to Matilda, and lost to a couple of those dark knight dudes, and clicked "don't give up" and re-loaded my saved game..... all my items were still there except for my books and recipes, the only one I still had was Old Book Vol. 1, I went back to the places I got the items, no luck, I even checked with Barbara... ya know.... just in case..... nothing.

So here I am, starting over, because the Matilda Glitch IS a glitch, anything like that ever happen to you?

Also had an interesting bug in Highway Village using Matilda Glitch in the same game (earlier than the lost items) where that farmer who tells the kid about the dragon on Mt. Rakutei starts to leave, the game slowed down very very slow, then a few seconds later, total freeze-up.

Point of this thread? Figuring out what the heck caused all my rare items to go POOF in my saved game so it doesn't happen again. Also to point out why Matilda Glitch IS a glitch. Maybe I should just leave the gate at the border checkpoint alone, and continue playing as the good folks at Konami intended the game be played....

"I dub myself, Sir Talksalot"
Hypertonberry

Post by Hypertonberry »

I've never had that first thing happen to me, but thats probably because I wait until I have the Bright Shield and Black Sword runes if I decide to do the Matilda glitch. I run away from every battle I find (Usually 1 at most) in that area until I have Humphrey and Futch in my party.

Because of this, I have only died uusing this glitch once. I've never had that problem of rare items disappearing on me.

And that second thing about the game freezing during dialogue in Highway village, that's pretty common. Just pop and close the lid of your Playstation, or if you're playing on a PS2 - open and close the CD holder. The game will speed up again.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

I die all the time in Matilda; I do it on purpose. To this day I have never lost a single unique item from my collection.

Honestly, from all I hear, GS2 has to be the glitchiest of the series. I have yet to notice it in mine, most of the time, except in the rather infamous problem of stolen lines and untranslated tips and the like. I don't know if they fixed it in later pressings - I bought mine not -that- long before GS3 came out, really; I was a late comer to the series.

I do not believe, however, that the Matilda Glitch is a Glitch at all. I think it's on purpose. Why can't you recruit Badeaux and Viki, that early, unless the developers knew about it and didn't want people to be able to get someone as disgustingly useful so early on. But, I suppose, that's neither here nor there.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

To recruit Badeaux, you must have a level 3 castle. That's why you cannot recruit him early on. As for Viki, I think her appearance is triggered specifically for the moment you were about to go to Matilda and nothing else. So you cannot recruit her early on.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Fair enough for Badeaux, but why would they have set -that- to be Viki's trigger since you can't "possibly" get there before then anyway?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I think they do it with Viki so that people cannot accidentally miss her. That's why she's sort of auto appearing when you go through the forest. As for the moment you go to Matilda for the first time, well it wouldn't really make sense to recruit Viki when you don't have a castle yet now, would it?
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.