guillamue....why cant he fight?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Black knight overlord

guillamue....why cant he fight?

Post by Black knight overlord »

He had a spear and would have been an odd fighter(plus a theif) but why cant he fight anymore? He even has combat skills( parry, fire magic and some others) what are they for then?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: guillamue....why cant he fight?

Post by KFCrispy »

well his stats are necessary for the duels. but other than that we don't know why he's not playable. maybe they were working towards it but decided to not make him a playable character at some point...
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

Black knight overlord wrote:He had a spear and would have been an odd fighter(plus a theif) but why cant he fight anymore? He even has combat skills( parry, fire magic and some others) what are they for then?
His stats werent good anyway, besides they dont have the no. of skill points beside them meaning they cant be increased, but ya he's not playable as a fighter, like wat KFCrispy said
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I though he was addable to the party using the same codes that allow Yuber, Luc and Sarah.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no, he has no battle sprite, so the game crashes if a battle begins.
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

KFCrispy wrote:no, he has no battle sprite, so the game crashes if a battle begins.
Actually he does have a battle sprite and works perfectly fine in battle. In fact he has different skill development as well. I know he has an A in Holy Dash and a B+ in Armor Protect and Magic Resistance. His other skills aren't that good though. Also while you can't increase his skills at a Bujutsu (sp?) Teacher or a Tutor it will tell you what his growth rate is (So with a cheat device you can increase them that way). His spear is called Greed (And is considered a normal spear in terms of growth rate and in using the unicorn rune, but it doesn't change it's name). As for his stats they are actually not that bad. And based on the programming he is placed in between Piccolo and Juan in the order of the characters. So I always thought they had originally intended him to be usable, but changed their minds at some point. But that is just a guess on my part.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I've always assumed that he did.

Of course I've never tested that theory since i had no desire to play with him. The funny thing is, I was thinking about playing with him during my next playthrough. . . .

guess I can't. :<

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Magus Eternal wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:no, he has no battle sprite, so the game crashes if a battle begins.
Actually he does have a battle sprite and works perfectly fine in battle. In fact he has different skill development as well. I know he has an A in Holy Dash and a B+ in Armor Protect and Magic Resistance. His other skills aren't that good though. Also while you can't increase his skills at a Bujutsu (sp?) Teacher or a Tutor it will tell you what his growth rate is (So with a cheat device you can increase them that way). His spear is called Greed (And is considered a normal spear in terms of growth rate and in using the unicorn rune, but it doesn't change it's name). As for his stats they are actually not that bad. And based on the programming he is placed in between Piccolo and Juan in the order of the characters. So I always thought they had originally intended him to be usable, but changed their minds at some point. But that is just a guess on my part.
wow where did you get this information?
I said he has no battle sprite because it was mentioned before when this question was asked years ago.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I don't remember where but i heard that they were going to add guilluame but he was just too strong that he would make it easy in battles, so they decided not to add him, in other words he would've been a tank.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I doubt that he was removed because he would be too strong he would make it easy in battles. Juan and Emily with their swings and high attack power, Hugo with his mad repel and heavy damage, Chris with her insurmountable physical and magical defense, Geddoe with his True Lightning Rune, Yuiri's >50% critical hit when optimized... those things are more than enough to make battles too easy. I'm sure Guillaume couldn't have hurt.... unless he had a special rune that obliterate everyone instantly, and even then, that's just equivalent to the Level 1 Pale Gate spell, wouldn't it?

I'm very interested to know if there is information about his skills and his stat growth. High luck or low luck??? =o
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

Well like I said earlier he has an A in Holy Dash and a B+ in Armor Protect and Magic Resistance. The rest of his skills are B or C (I don't have the game available so I can't check at the moment). I do know he has a B in Swing. He also has 3 permanent skills (The support skills) and 4 open skills. So I would always give him Holy Dash, Armor Protect, Magic Resistance, and Swing so that is why I remember those 4. But I do have his stats written down. I will use the numbers from the Suikosource stat guide.

Guillaume
PWR: 05
SKL: 04
MAG: 04
REP: 03
PDF: -
MDF: 04
SPD: 03
LUK: 04
HP: 05

He also gains two rune slots (Right and Left). I am not sure exactly when he learns them (I think he might start with both of them actually). He also doesn't start with any rune either. He is a decent fighter with good defensive capabilities, but he sucks with magic.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Cool info. Somebody needs to take video of Guillaume fighting or something.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

That's some cool info.

Another thing that may be evidence that he was meant to be a fighting character is when you do plays with Nadir, the support characters are listed at the end, but Guillaume is positioned in between fighting characters.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

So..is there cheat code for his availability as an ally fighter???
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!