Game Save Issue

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
StriferZer0

Game Save Issue

Post by StriferZer0 »

Hello,

First time posting long time lurking. I ran into an issue using a game save file that was uploaded here that had most of the stars of destiny unlocked. If I recall correctly it only unlocked mostly combat units and I had no issues with Emilia and Greenhill. However.... everyone at the castle acts like the war is over and I am just only now starting to enter Matilda for the first time. Leona is away getting whisky in a neighboring town as if I already beat the beast rune. Is this because of character recruitments throwing a flag? I can still progress the story thankfully. I was able to disable some stars and recruit Amada into my party to get into Lakewest, otherwise I would of been stuck with no Leona. If anyone knows who I can disable star wise to fix this or something else I can do I would really appreciate it.
Julian

Re: Game Save Issue

Post by Julian »

It sounds like you have a flag set you shouldn't have.

I did a quick check, it looks like flag 0x86 bit 0 being set causes all the HQ stuff to look post game. (Leona being gone, etc.)

I'm not familiar with the PS1 addresses, looks like event flags start at 0x8006AED7, so 0x8006AED7 + 0x86 = 0x8006AF5D.

Check what you have at 0x8006AF5D. My clear game had a 19. I expect your number to be odd. If that's the case, try subtracting 1 from it. (Unsetting the bit 0 flag)