Question About War Battles

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
IenjoyBettyWhite

Question About War Battles

Post by IenjoyBettyWhite »

I know that nearly all of the war battles are scripted, and that killing Luca is impossible. However, is there a trainer or something where I can modify my teams stats, and abilities? I hate how outclassed we are when we go against anybody especially how Jowy has better stats than Riou lol. Just a minor grievance I have about something that's basically meaningless. I use ePSXe if that helps any, thanks!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Question About War Battles

Post by Pyriel »

Maybe? https://gamehacking.org/game/89944

Try searching for "battle" once the page loads. There used to be a lot more. I assume many of them were reported as not functioning, or maybe—because it looks they recategorized some things—they got reorganized into bad spots. Every battle is its own module, and variables get shuffled around. I don't think anybody ever took a really good look at making cheats because that structure makes it kind of a pain, and the reward is that you hit the scripted end maybe a few turns earlier.
IenjoyBettyWhite

Yeah, I tried changing the ATK, and DEF values through Cheat Engine. But, like you said they get shifted around, and I didn't know that at the time lol. I was absolutely livid! lol I could use pointers, but i'm too much of a noob to even tangle with that option at this time. But, ill probably just mess around with that website to see if I can get any of them to work.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

When I was messing around with Cheat Engine, all I could figure out was how to control the amount of health a unit has, the number of uses they had on their abilities, and how to change the people in a unit. During the battle where Ridley is expected to lose, I put Luca in his unit to bump up his stats. Also, using Cheat Engine to kill Luca during a battle can cause the game to soft-lock, lol.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
IenjoyBettyWhite

Lol, I find the battles fun even if most are scripted, and many of the battles are stacked against you. I'd love to be able to manually control the stats, that's why I asked if anybody made a trainer or an editor to tweak with the stats.