[Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Twilight Sky

Re: [Guide] MISSABLE list (Characters & Items)

Post by Twilight Sky »

I think Emilia can be missable, but I wont know until my next playthrough. Because what if you don't talk to her more while in Greenhill?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You can recruit her later on, I'm pretty sure on that.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Twilight Sky wrote:I think Emilia can be missable, but I wont know until my next playthrough. Because what if you don't talk to her more while in Greenhill?

I have recruited her after the liberation of Greenhill once,and she had some different lines.

If you talk to her after the liberation she'll just join once you ask her.

So she's not missable at all.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

She's not a missable character
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

Yeah i have actually missed clive and gilbert before. Like in the major battle outside muse, there were times he was kept alive but didnt switch lol as for clive there were times i didnt meet up with him and never saw from him again in south window
hendraanggrian

Post by hendraanggrian »

Hi there, I created an account just to ask a question in this thread. I created an AutoHotkey scripts to collect some of the rare items in Suikoden 2:
https://github.com/hendraanggrian/autoh ... ikoden-psx

I can't seem to find Silver Necklace from Zombie. It says in https://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/g ... stiary.php that Zombies in Tinto Area drops it. But after defeating Neclord, I can only encounter Zombies in mine next to Crom and in mine within Tinto town, none of them drop Silver Necklace.

Have any of you seen zombies in Tinto overworld before defeating Neclord? If so, Silver Necklace should be categorized as missables, just as Gale Rune is. There is a character equipping it/chest containing it, but it is unobtainable after certain event.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Code: Select all

Name: Zombie
Area Found: 230_EVBA\EB_VG04.BIN
Level: 42 Potch per kill: 323
Strength: 140 Magic : 57 Prot : 70 M Def : 82 Tech : 63 Speed : 57 Luck : 46 HP : 155
Physical : None Fire : Weak Water : None
Wind : None Earth : None Lightning : None
Holy : Weak Darkness : Strong Bright Shield : Weak
Silence : Strong Knock Down : None Sleep : Invulnerable
Poison : Invulnerable Instant Death : Invulnerable
Drop 1: Hex Doll Chance: %1.96
Drop 2: Silver Necklace Chance: %1.96
Drop 3: Nothing Chance: %0.00
When I dumped the data for the bestiary originally, I had no familiarity with how this game worked, and I don't think I had played it in a few years. Celes had to take random information with nothing but file names for enemies that were replicated across sometimes dozens of files, and try to compress it down into something meaningful and useful for players. In this case, it looks like it got pared down incorrectly. The EVBA files are event battles triggered by scripts, not an area's random encounters. I think this is one of the times you encounter Neclord in the mines, and he just has you fight some zombies or something. There's one specific zombie in the file that can drop that, probably in only 1 or 2 battles, assuming it wasn't omitted from the battle formation.

Edit: Unless I'm remembering how encounter/battle formations work incorrectly, this zombie is present in whatever battle. It looks like there are 2 of the first kind, and one of the guy who can drop the Silver Necklace. So in all likelihood, you have one shot at getting this as a random drop in the whole game vs. enemies you probably auto through in one hit each.
Z3R01337

Post by Z3R01337 »

If this Zombie is one of the ones in Tinto, it should be farmable. You can repeatedly fight the group of Zombies at the Tinto entrance before defeating Neclord.
Rizen

Post by Rizen »

From the read of the bestiary, that Zombie says Tinto Area, which implies the world map. but given you can change the story line at this point, this could be the world map of you choosing to run away. because shortly after it says the next group of enemies is Tigermouth. and i dont think there are any in there unless you do go down the run away path.

to check this you can either use the code for "always drop slot 2", or use save states to proc a drop. but remember you need to kill the specific one holding the drop first.

(to proc a drop using a save state, first save state, then auto kill. if nothing drops, defend. save state, and repeat, until something drops. )

Enemies Always Drop2*
D002E09A 1040
8002E152 1000
D002E09A 1040
8002E154 0098
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, like I said in my post, you can't necessarily take the bestiary's word on this one because of how it was built. It's definitely not a random encounter. It might be on the Tinto pass, rather than in the mines, though. Konami at least tried to organize the EVBA files to go along with the actual area files, and the actual area for VG04 has exactly two enemies in it: AirLizard and KillerDog. If it is in the pass, it's almost certainly one of the undead attacks that happen as you flee. I don't remember any other times zombies show up in that area.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I just solved the Silver Necklace mystery. The zombie that drops it is indeed in the Mountain Pass to Tinto during the run away path. Using an "Enemies Always Drop Slot 2" code, I got one from each of the two scripted battles while Nanami is carrying you, targeting a different Hair Zombie in each one.

So it's not really FULLY missable, you're just limited to three. One from the chest in Tinto mine, and one from each of these two battles.
But that's only if you run away. If you stay, it is missable.

Now to find out which zombie drops the Power Gloves in Tinto Mine...
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Thanks for that. I completely forgot about this little mystery.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

And as for the Power Gloves, while on the Tinto Mine Run path, I seem to be getting them left and right with the Always Drop Slot 2 code.
I don't remember that happening in the Stay Path. But I have gotten them there. More testing is needed.