Suikoden II MOD

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
azrhael

Suikoden II MOD

Post by azrhael »

Hi i just want to ask if there is a working S2 Modded Patch here in Suikosource that is not using the Bug Fix & the Matilda Gate would still be passable. Because Shilo's Hard Mode 1.5 is really very Hard & very Difficult. also if it would be possible to put Leona to all taverns within Dunan & would be available anytime.

Thanks,
Azrhael, avid fan of S1,S2,& S5.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Suikoden II MOD

Post by Pyriel »

If the bug-fix patch is pre-applied by the mod maker, then you'd have to edit it back yourself, I suppose. If they just require the patch, or ask nicely that you apply it up front with the default options, you may find that you can ignore that and turn the Matilda fix off. I doubt any of the mods actually require that fix. It's more a question of whether or not they used a pre-patched image as the source for their changes/ppf file or whatever.

Edit: This should un-fix the patch in most any mod that comes with it pre-applied.

Matilda Gate Moveable
D010DC80 696A
30112997 0001

I can also provide a series of byte values you can use in a hex editor to find the right chunk of data on your disc, if you have the know-how.
Last edited by Pyriel on Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
azrhael

Post by azrhael »

Hi Pyriel im not actually a modder so i cant used that code not unless its a Suikoden 2 GS Code. im using Epsxe. also can Leona be also be moded that she can be usable anywhere in the map of Dunan.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, that's just a generic GS code for Suikoden II. It'll work for anything. It'll even work for the base game, though it's unnecessary, and it'll work for any modded version unless the modder saw the need to reorganize one specific module for some reason.

The short answer on Leona is "no". The long answer is, "yes", but the mod would not be small or easy to do. It's definitely not achievable with a code, and it would probably be the work of a couple of months to ensure she's available in what, 5-20 towns (depending on what you mean by "Dunan"). You'd have to figure out a good location for her, insert her sprite sheet if it's not already there, add a loading zone to ensure an appropriate party change module gets loaded and then replaced with the right area module or whatever, depending on the phase of the game, when the player leaves, add lines of dialogue, add scripts that reference that dialogue and pop-up the party change menu, and on and on.
azrhael

Post by azrhael »

Pyriel the code you send me did not work.i am using psychidelist [rebalanced] hard mod together with the bug fix patch. the game is playable my only concern is the matilda gate is still blocked & cannot be passable. also i like to ask if there can also be a code to upgrade the weapons at max level 16 & make items x99.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

The second line started with 8 where it should have started with 3. I don't know how PS1 devices would handle that misalignment, and it probably varies from device to device. If that doesn't fix it, well, the mod probably shifted something around or does its own thing somehow.
azrhael

Post by azrhael »

i like to ask if there can also be a code to upgrade the weapon at max level 16 & make an item quantity x99.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, you can stop asking that everywhere. Those codes already exist.

https://gamehacking.org/game/89944

Search for "smith". For item quantity, any page (check the Suikoden 2 forum for the Gameshark codes thread) with item modifiers or item quantity modifiers will do. I don't really recommend messing with that too much, though. You can't actually have 99 because the upper 4 bits are used as an item category and to flag if it's an unknown item (e.g. paintings). The most you can actually get is 15, assuming the game doesn't impose a lower limit.
azrhael

Post by azrhael »

Hi again pyriel Just want to ask can storehouse items code combine with runes digits code. is there a way to put runes digits code in store house items codes. thanks.