Overhaul project

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Shilo

Overhaul project

Post by Shilo »

Suikoden 2 with new story content, graphics and battles.
Sprite editing and event scripting is on the menu.
Shilo

Re: Overhaul project

Post by Shilo »

I have been thinking of stories about Pesmerga and Yuber aftermath events or a Jowy Blight scenario. To reach its full potential the project would need members that understand the data and can deal with sprite editing.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

On the mish mash table:
-Yuber battle sprite
-Playable Luca Blight sprite
-Playable Lucia sprite
-Extra story and events
-New usable magic
-New battles and duels
-etc.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Are you trying such a project or are you suggesting changes for such a project?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Yeah, I was curious about that, too. Is this something you are working on or something you'd like to see done?
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

It's a project i would like to see happen. With many participants, i know it could make wonders. Per instance i have tried to explore the graphic tools available online with zero success...
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

So exploring the possibilities is the idea. Then using that knowledge to add additional content in a mod.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Jowy Blight playable scenario has been suggested billions of times, and it would be boring. He doesn't explore dungeons or go on recruiting sprees like riou does, he becomes a king who instantly inherits a full army, and he spends most of his time walking around castles and camps. Suikoden 3 had a scenario that you play from the villains' perspective, and look how dull that was.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

Interresting, but inagination could overcome this problem. Lets say i write a story along these lines: "Yuber isn't satisfied with the results of the battle against the beast rune since his own rune has been weakening drastically since then. He devises a plan to go back in time by kidnapping Viki and mind controlling her using the eight section rune to control her power in a stable way. His plans are endangered by Pesmerga who can find him easilly when he uses the power of the eight section... Yuber tricks Pesmerga, stalling him with a clone of himself. During the chaos, he controls Viki to open a portal to travel to the past. Pesmerga destroys the clone and follows him in the closing portal. Yuber instructs the eight section rune to corrupt the black sword rune to shift the events to unfold..."
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

That's just an example. I was more interrested in a story after the beast rune battle. The story of what happens to Pesmerga. And since it is known there is many dimensions in the world of suikoden, then sky is the limit... I can see Yuber manipulating an alternate universe Jowy as his mentor and counsellor, helping him against the evil dark knight Pesmerga... His true motive being to refill the power of his own rune with the chaos generated, then when he has regained enough power, he confronts jowy and co in a massive battle. Defeated, he barely has enough strenght to travel back to his original dimension, leaving behind him a destroyed dying world and Pesmerga trapped in it.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

I've been thinking it might be too ambitious of a project. It will never happen unless the veterans in suiko modding join in. Now what i really will try to make happen is the playability of these characters: Luca, Lucia, necklord, maybe even Gorudo.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

Oof... Way over my head. I drop the story editing part. If anyone has knowledge about sprite editing Suikoden 2, let me know.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah, this isn't an overhaul it's a fanfiction game.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

Yep... I might have better luck at rpgmaker with this.