A Prelude to Suikoden 2

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Toremneon

A Prelude to Suikoden 2

Post by Toremneon »

Hi everyone,

I saw there are a lot of fan projects over the time here.

Since I am one of the miserable persons, who do not want to give up on Suikoden games, I am working on my own fan game for a few years now.

Now I am at a point, where I can show a almost good working demo and I wanted to share it here: https://toremneon.itch.io/suikoden-2-preludewoods

This game focuses on the time between Suikoden 1 and 2 and follows Viktor and Flik on their way from Toran to Dunan. It will have like 15-20 playable Characters and ideally end up where Suikoden 2 starts. (Little bit like Siege of Dragonspear for the Baldurs Gate franchise. Just that I cant legally pulish it.)

Any Feedback is welcome, the demo shows a rather boring part of the game since I dont want to Spoiler so much. It is more meant to be a tech demo.

If the game starts press F1 to see the controlls and alt +enter for full screen.

For more infos, you can also check out our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/presuiII/

Hope you enjoy.
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: A Prelude to Suikoden 2

Post by thcrock »

Very cool! I will try and play it. Unfortunately my only Windows computer right now is my work one, and since it's closely controlled I don't just want to download random .exes from the internet. I will see if it runs under Wine on my personal laptop.

That period of time (Viktor and flik pre Suikoden 2) is interesting! I've actually been writing a song for which the setting is that (a conversation between the two of them during that time when they are mercs).
Toremneon

Post by Toremneon »

Cool, but dont get in trouble to play it. But all feedback is very welcome.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I was able to start playing it! It runs great in wine on Linux
It's very good so far! I didn't have time to get very far (just played five minutes or so) but I'm excited to play more.
Toremneon

Post by Toremneon »

Hi there, as I already told, I am still working on a Suikoden Fangame. Since I finished the first chapter and also reworked it. I thought it might be a good idea to put a new link here.
https://toremneon.itch.io/suikoden-2-chapter1-1

Any feedback and critic is welcome.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Looks pretty cool. I'm going to download it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

haven't tried it, but the graphics look spot-on!