Vote thread for the Blog comments (polls now closed)

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
himurokoken

Vote thread for the Blog comments (polls now closed)

Post by himurokoken »

Okay, my previous thread we came up with all the questions, this, along with the same thread at suikox is the thread where we are going to vote on what we're going to submit. There will be a total of 10 questions/comments, and depending on how voting goes there may be more or less.

Tomorrow at 6 pm, 1/16 I'm going to tally up all of votes found here and suikosource and post them at both forums. From there Sars says he'll translated and post the comments.

The way we're going to do this is via numbered votes. I'm going to list every comment posted at their respective forums in numbered order. You have to pick 10 choices. Just post which number for whichever comment you support.

BTW: There are certain questions on here that have been merged with another because their similarities.

1. When will you go past Suikoden III on the timeline and why have you been avoiding it?

2. Are any of you making the story according to Murayama's wishes? Did he leave the team all of his Suikoden notes (the offiicial timeline, the ending to the series, where he wants the series to go;etc) he had made before leaving?

3. What does Murayama feel about the series currently? If I could, I'd like to tell him I feel betrayed by him, as a big a fan, but then I don't know why he left. Is it even possible to tell us why Murayama left Konami?

4. Suikoden V is perfect for a day/night cycle. Especially because the theme of dusk/dawn interchangable with the ying yang symbol. A Square Enix game developed by Tri-Ace recently had a recruitment drive for it's characters Genso Suikoden style. It utilized day and night to make recruiting not so flimsy, and the characters actually felt as if they had dialy lives. Genso Suikoden should be cracking their knuckles and show them who came up with that concept.

5. The battle system in Suikoden IV was overly simplified. Is V's battle system going to be deeper? Also, recent Suikoden's (III and IV) didn't put emphasis on the numerous battle systems that shape Suikoden's individuality like duals and major battles. Perhaps V puts more emphasis on these fan favorite systems with added depth?

6. The cooking game in Suikoden II is a fan favorite. Is there any way it'll make a comeback in V but remade to accomadate the new graphic capabilities?

7. How many characters from previous Suikoden games will return for Suikoden 5? (And that's inlcuding Jeane, Viki, Leknaat, Georg, Lorelai, & Killey) If you want can you at least give a number? Thank you. Looking forward to S5.

8. Are you planning any more side story games like the Gaidens or Rhapsodia?

9. Is there a planned release date for Suikoden I and II on the PSP for North America or Europe? Also, we've wanted Suikogaiden's I and II for the longest time. Is there a chance that we might have those as features in a limited edition release of North America and European Suikoden V? Thanks!

10. Will there be more then 108 characters you can recruit like in Suikoden II?

11. Are you considering to also use other consoles or handhelds for future Suikoden installments?

12. Is there access to an other country in Suikoden V??

13. Are you already working on Suikoden VI and how far is the development of the game?

14. Is the timeline of Suikoden IV and Rhapsodia ever going to connect with the main Suikoden timeline? Right now they feel like side stories.

15. Will we ever see Yuber and Pesmerga again?

16. Do you visit Suikoden fans' forum to acquire their feedback?

17. How do you got the idea for the minigames?

18. Are we ever going to see Windy again?

19. Who's Hugo's father?

20. are you going to work on future suikoden titles?

21. Jeane and Viki are so mysterious. Is there anything to them aside from the obvious fanservice?

22. how long do you think the series will last?

23. can we expect to see any returning true rune bearers in suikoden 5?

24. Any plans to release new installments of Card Stories and/or Genso Shinsho? It is a great source of official artwork/information. Localisation would be great too.

25. I heard rumours that they are planning to release an updated Encyclopaedia from a while back. Is the project real?

26. Are there any plans to do more character artwork sites like you did with I and II?

27. Any plans to release Suikoden related goodies (artbooks, encyclopedia, etc.) in North America?

28. Any plans for a Suikoden MMORPG?

29. Suikoden III's Trinity Sight System was a genius way to tell a story. Are you going to use a similar plot device system in future Suikoden's? If perfected, Suikoden will have no equal.

30. Are you planning on having more true rune bearers/protagonists that are not young males (like Chris and Geddoe)?

31. In Genso Suikoden II there was a character by the name of Richmond, he turned out to be a private investigator. Similar characters appeared in III and IV. By paying them you could learn about the pasts of all the characters, will there be another private investigator present in V?

32. In all the Suikoden games, Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia not included, there was the element of a base. In Genso Suikoden I it was a castle, in II it was a small military fort, III had a pretty big city (which was a little too big according to a lot of fans), and in IV you were settled on a giant ship. We already know we can count on a town for V, but can you tell us what size it will be, what can we expect? Are there more characters, non-stars of destiny characters?
Last edited by himurokoken on Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

oh the joy that I feel! I cant eait to read kings blog after he responds to us!

himuroken, thank you for coming up with this idea and please dont forget to tell sars to let king now these comments come from american fans and other english speakers here on suiko source!

omg... this was so hard to do...im sorry but I just could not pick 10 alone, below are all my top picks and I will mark the ones that are a MUST!...im sorry but I couldnt just pick 10....

I feel most suikoden 5 questions will be a waste since we will discover most of that stuff when we play it, so I beg all the great fans here, dont vote for alot of suikoden 5 stuff! lets try and get the hard questions answered!

1.YOU MUST ASK HIM THIS QUESTION!

2. YOU MUST ASK HIM THIS QUESTION!

13. very important question

15. YOU MUST ASK HIM THIS QUESTION!

16. a very important question

20.YOU MUST ASK HIM THIS QUESTION

21.YOU MUST ASK HIM THIS QUESTION!

22.important question

29.important question

Let me just say...THANK YOU!!!! SARS ADMINISTER!!!!

I know you will choose wisely, but please make sure to include the yuber pesmerga question and the viki and jeane question, as those are the best questions by far, along with the murayama question of whether he left any notes for the suiko team

also, please put our names on our individual questions, this way king can address us by our name!
OneWingedHeimi

Post by OneWingedHeimi »

Here are my votes

1, 2, 8, 9, 14, 15, 18, 21, 27, 29
cape

Post by cape »

my votes:

1, 2, 4, 8, 13, 14, 20, 22, 29, 30

Last edited by cape on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

My votes:
1,8, 9, 14, 18, 19, 25, 27, 29, 30

I seriously think that 15 has already been answered as Yes in that their battle would be finished in the last Suikoden.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

1 2 4 7 8 10 12 14 are my votes
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I wouldn't ask #3 as it sounds a too aggressive.
I wouldn't ask #21 as I'd rather have this revealed in game rather than having him explain it to us.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 14, 16, 19, 21, 29

Those are my votes.

The note that that appear at the top of the email/post:

Dear King,

Across the ocean right now, in North America and Europe you have many fans. We support you and want the Suikoden V team to do their best. We read your blog daily through translations, courtesy of some very special members, and we took it upon ourselves to take this chance to get our voices out. It's a rare chance to ever have contact with a game developer, and since we're such big fans we just wanted to make a list of comments/questions to show just how special Suikoden is to us. We want to give you the strength to make the best game ever! http://www.suikosource.com and http://www.suikox.com are very grateful and will continue to pass on the great Suikoden legacy!
Released_Souls

Post by Released_Souls »

1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 13, 14, 18, 19, 25 are my choices
killey

Post by killey »

Linking to a website may mean that you're message won't post. Not every comment appears on King's Blog, they have a screening process I think.

As for my votes, I'm only going to vote for the ones that I think King may answer. Many have to do with localisation which is not Konami Japan's problem and others just stand no chance of being answered.

8, 10, 15, 20, 23, 26

I'll vote for 24 too but the localisation bit won't be answered.

And make sure you don't count your votes twice Himuro! :P
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Huh? That's a special note to King, it's not meant to be posted.

Ya I got that hawk.
killey

Post by killey »

lol well done! Now everyone knows who I am! :D

I posted a comment on King's Blog which contained a url (to a konami website) and they obviously didn't like it since it didn't go through. I wouldn't want all yours and Sars work to end up being for nothing.
Basel

Post by Basel »

I would love to get the following questions answered by KING.
2 8 14 24 25 26 and 29.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

himurokoken wrote:1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 14, 16, 19, 21, 29

Those are my votes.

The note that that appear at the top of the email/post:

Dear King,

Across the ocean right now, in North America and Europe you have many fans. We support you and want the Suikoden V team to do their best. We read your blog daily through translations, courtesy of some very special members, and we took it upon ourselves to take this chance to get our voices out. It's a rare chance to ever have contact with a game developer, and since we're such big fans we just wanted to make a list of comments/questions to show just how special Suikoden is to us. We want to give you the strength to make the best game ever! http://www.suikosource.com and http://www.suikox.com are very grateful and will continue to pass on the great Suikoden legacy!
its excellent himurokoken! if indeed suiko source and suikox could be mentioned to konami...perhaps konami would send people on the boards to check things out in secret!

wow... I am very impressed that you all could just pick 10 questions....I couldnt do it-_-
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

killey wrote:lol well done! Now everyone knows who I am! :D

I posted a comment on King's Blog which contained a url (to a konami website) and they obviously didn't like it since it didn't go through. I wouldn't want all yours and Sars work to end up being for nothing.
I doubt they'd be offended that a group of American fans took the time to make up a list of comments and managed to translate them and post it for them to see. If anything they should feel honored.