Narcissist

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Narcissist

Post by Oppenheimer »

Does anyone have any information on who the narcissist(s) is/are in Suikoden V? I'm assuming there will be at least one (and that the Rose Broach will be involved) as there has been in every previous Suiko.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Kyle certainly sounds like a narcissist.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hmmm possibly. But he's the one dressed in black, right? That's rather uncharacteristic of a narcissist. They usually go for bright flashy colours. Even Augustine (arguably the most tame looking narcissist) had a blue sash. However, Kyle does have a lot of gold on his outfit. I suppose it's possible.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think I'd lump Kyle in with the shameless lothario category before we brand him a narcissist, espcially since it's said that he's flirtatious. The narcissist are usually more into themselves rather than others.
I hope everything is going delicious.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I'm guessing he's more like Nash and Sheena than a narcissist.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

he looks gay to me{in the real sense}

but all the narcissist do so there's no surprise there, it would be funny if we had a narcissist that the ladies loved or a narcissist that loved the ladies

I would greatly enjoy that
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

A narcissist that loved the ladies more than himself isn't much of a narcissist.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

really? what makes 1 a narcissist anyway?

if hes flamboyant and weird then I think he could be classified as a narcissist, I still think it would be cool for a narcissist to like the girls, they would be like"eww gross!!" hehe

narcissist= "ohh!!!! oh the ladies love me!! I love when they play hard to get!!"

well I would get a kick out of that
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

a narcissist is someone that is in love with themselves more so than anything else in the world. So him being flirtatious already discredits him being a narc, unless he flirts with himself. That would be quite nice.
I hope everything is going delicious.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/search.php? ... t=0&mode=0

That is the J->J definition of the only word in Kyle's profile that's even close to "flirtatious." None of the definitions listed directly mean flirtatious. I suppose it can mean that, but not necessarily. That above link is probably the most accurate, but here are some J-E links for those unable to read Japanese:

http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/search.php? ... t=0&mode=0
Direct linking doesn't seem to be possible from EDICT/WWWJDIC/JWPce, but here's their entry:
* 優男 【やさおとこ】 (n) man of gentle manners; man of delicate features;ED
My Canon wordtank's J->E has this: an effeminate man, a slight man.

I'm just going by all these different dictionaries, if all these dictionaries are wrong, then *shrugs*
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Interesting Japanese take on it. I know a narcissist is based upon Narcissus a character from Greek mythology (Ovid’s Metamorphoses I believe). It was about a man who was so in love with his own reflection that he forgot everything else and was eventually turned into a flower by the gods (hence the flower of the same name).

http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/Narcissus.html
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

Something tells me that when he appears we will recognize him. :D
What you think I was born this way?
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

maybe that pink haired fellow
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

son_michael wrote:he looks gay to me{in the real sense}

but all the narcissist do so there's no surprise there, it would be funny if we had a narcissist that the ladies loved or a narcissist that loved the ladies

I would greatly enjoy that
It was not yet confirmed if the narcissist are gays. They were just aristocrats or people who prefer to be prestigious and meticulous. Augustine in S3 looks more manly than gay to me.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

But I have read that Augustine is a female. I think it's when you get the report from Kidd about Augustine that you see the word "she" instead of "he". Aren't all the narcissists supposed to be wealthy? Maybe another member of one of the two highly powered families will be the narc.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV