Speculation on Official Info Announcement

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You do realize that when SARS writes something that isn't the same as Konami doing it?
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Since it's called the "Suikoden Authentic and Reliable Source", I just thought that the info on the name John would be Authentic and Reliable.

Did anyone else notice how Jeane has pink hair this time? She's on one of the official posters for Suikoden V. She's also wearing less clothing.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

I thought it was Suikoden Assumptions and Rumors...?
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

himurokoken wrote:I thought it was Suikoden Assumptions and Rumors...?
The forums are called the Suikoden Assumtions and Rumors Shelter, but the overall site is the Suikoden Authentic and Reliable Source.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Just out of curiosity, what Japanese name are you talking about?

As shown in the trailer with duel scenes, シュン. The direct romanization of that is Shun.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Yuki Tenkai wrote:
himurokoken wrote:I thought it was Suikoden Assumptions and Rumors...?
The forums are called the Suikoden Assumtions and Rumors Shelter, but the overall site is the Suikoden Authentic and Reliable Source.
Here's the thread at Sars's site that explains the naming problem.

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ame+change
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Thak for the translation of the name. Well, in any case, his name is now "Shoon".
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

The Premium DVD has surpassed the normal standards, including so much content.
It’s because all people involved with the series, , following the idea of Suikoden’s “bonds,” our collaborated efforts, surpassing the company space and our normal duty, that made this Premium DVD possible.
Even if another game in the Suikoden series should come out, this is still probably the first and last time we can gather so much data.
(Perhaps, we can’t make them any longer…)
Uh oh, I wonder what made him say that. In Japanese, the subject was left out, so I don't know 100% for sure whether he was referring to the Suikoden series itself or the bonus dvd.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Tir, Riou, Hugo, and Lazlo are not normal american names. They're not american names at all. why would John be the name of the hero in 5? lol.
Strategy is the key to victory!
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

John = Shoon, not the hero. Shoon is the fighter guy who's fighting the prince.

DMX: I'm betting the dvd.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Hugo's a normal name. It's German. I know someone named Hugo. Also, Hugo wasn't the Tenkai of Suikoden III, Thomas was.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/genso_v/20 ... 00965.html

The 1/24 entry wasn't translated, but there was an important bit that should be known. Five people, from random drawing of people who applied, can play Suikoden V from 9:00 - 16:00, at Konami Roppongi Offices, Roppongi Hills 14F on 2/4. King and Sakiyama will be present. After play, The 5 players will have to talk about their reaction to Dengeki magazine staff.
Basel

Post by Basel »

DMX translation of King Blog on Jan-31-2006 wrote:Live Action Prince! Female, eh? Eh, there’s a mysterious total incompatibility.
An 18-year old Ukraine girl. A fashion magazone model.
The prince is so cute :lol:
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

For anyone that might miss it, I put up 2/1 just now. I thought I was doing 2/2 and was about to post it only to see jainsafel's translation already there. So as a way of appeasing my fury, I'm leaving out insignificant bits for my future blog translations.

On another note, King referred to オーパツ(out of place artifacts) in Japanese. Jainsafel translated that as Holy Grail. An Interesting localization, I thought.
---
■BTW, do you get how the shower works?
I didn’t turn the faucet, it took 3 minutes to see that I had to draw it back. . After that, and a 10 minute duel, I was able switch to the shower.

That part totally made no sense to me.

Here's the original Japanese text if anyone wants to take a shot at it:

■ところで・・・。シャワーの使い方は分かったのでしょうか?

蛇口をひねるのではなく、引くのだということが分かるまで3分ぐらい
かかりました。その後、10分ほど格闘した挙句、シャワーに切り替え
られました。
---
I can confirm that we are putting in effort. In the English-speaking world of translation, SakiyamaD himself is overseeing the translation of names and expressions. For US VA recording, we had drama production staff Okamoto(lead designer) and Kikuchi go to America, and supervise thoroughly.

That must mean Sakiyama, Okamoto and Kikuchi know English! It must also mean SakiyamaD approved names like Sialeeds! *sobs*

But with Sakiyama there, it should mean we won't see 紋章 translated as crests or emblems instead of runes. And hopefully, Sakiyama knows the difference between a Roaring Brotherhood and a Howling Voice Guild.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Over at suikox we made comments on the blog entry where King made notice of the translation, and he decided to maek notice of our comments, which really felt good.