Suikoden going FF route?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
suiken

Suikoden going FF route?

Post by suiken »

I just saw this picture of Lazlo from panchinko game recently

I'm afraid that if they finally decided to make a real game in a console, they will put similar graphics like this one. One of the reasons I love Suikoden is their artwork. The anime aesthetics just grew up on me. You can't easily replace that with the eye-candy graphics of modern games, unless they have anime looks like Tales, Persona or Ni No Kuni.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Suikoden going FF route?

Post by patapi »

Don't worry, there probably won't be any new Suikoden title for any console anytime soon. Or any portable, for that matter.
suiken

Post by suiken »

patapi wrote:Don't worry, there probably won't be any new Suikoden title for any console anytime soon. Or any portable, for that matter.
Don't be so pessimistic. Whether you like it or not, the PSP game is still a Suikoden game because Konami slapped the name on it and it was released just 2 years ago. So somehow, the series is still alive and we have PSN release of II recently.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

suiken wrote:
patapi wrote:Don't worry, there probably won't be any new Suikoden title for any console anytime soon. Or any portable, for that matter.
Don't be so pessimistic. Whether you like it or not, the PSP game is still a Suikoden game because Konami slapped the name on it and it was released just 2 years ago. So somehow, the series is still alive and we have PSN release of II recently.
And it came out after the Pachislot and looked more anime-like. So I guess no, they won't go that route.

But if they'd remaster IV with that graphics it would be.. wow.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Antimatzist wrote:
suiken wrote:
And it came out after the Pachislot and looked more anime-like. So I guess no, they won't go that route.

But if they'd remaster IV with that graphics it would be.. wow.
Updated graphics with same-old gameplay from IV? :cry:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

suiken wrote:
Antimatzist wrote: But if they'd remaster IV with that graphics it would be.. wow.
Updated graphics with same-old gameplay from IV? :cry:
They'd need to change some things but it would be awesome. With some modifications, IV might easily be unbelievably good. But it won't happen anyway...

To stay more on topic: I like that Suikoden always had that Anime charme which FF lacked. But I don't like it if it's too much - like the Tales of games. But I wouldn't mind such a style either.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Don't know, my bet is the franchise will return for mobile phones it seems the trend thsese days for forgotten franchises
suiken

Post by suiken »

Neclord X wrote:
Don't know, my bet is the franchise will return for mobile phones it seems the trend thsese days for forgotten franchises
Oh dear... Please don't remind me of what happened Breath of Fire. On the other hand, there are quite successful games in mobiles like FF Dimensions.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't really like those "realistic" graphics from the pachislot thing. I thought the characters in S4 looked fine - not too realistic and not too cartoony either. This artwork seems to be leaning more towards realism, and it looks kinda creepy.
s21

Post by s21 »

Neclord X wrote:
Pay $30 to unlock 50 more stars!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Considering how pachinko parlors are frequented by adults and older folks, they probably thought they needed to make the graphics less cartoony. Konami would make that type of decision as they seem to lack any and all capability to do market research.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

We stated several times here that one good thing about Suikoden's artwork is that it looks clearly Japanese without being too much anime.

Konami destroyed the Suikoden franchise to such an extent that I would cheer more for a fanmade game than a Konami game - at that stage, I have a higher opinion of Suikoden fans than I have of Konami themselves.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

suiken wrote:
Errm. No, it's not a Suikoden game. Suikoden Tactics is Suikoden game. Genso Suikogaiden and Suikoden Card stories are Suikoden games. Tierkreis and Tsumugareshi are not Suikoden games. It's just another generic JRPG marketed as Suikoden games.

Even this pachislot is more Suikoden than those two games.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

veriaqa wrote:
suiken wrote:
Errm. No, it's not a Suikoden game. Suikoden Tactics is Suikoden game. Genso Suikogaiden and Suikoden Card stories are Suikoden games. Tierkreis and Tsumugareshi are not Suikoden games. It's just another generic JRPG marketed as Suikoden games.

Even this pachislot is more Suikoden than those two games.
:lol: This so much.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Suikoden is not going FF route, Suikoden is not going any route, that's the problem!