Memorable scenes for Suikoden IV and Tactics

Point out errors and hear of new features at http://www.suikosource.com
sticky-runes

Memorable scenes for Suikoden IV and Tactics

Post by sticky-runes »

I've noticed there is no 'Memorable scenes' section for Suikoden 4 or Tactics on the main page. Would it be possible to update those sections? Or does anybody fancy working on it? I wouldn't mind having a go at the dialogue, but someone else around here might already have access to that info, so I just thought I'd bring it up.

Oh, and any body thinking of responding to this topic with "Suikoden 4 hasn't got any memorable scenes" or something along those lines, I'll kindly ask them to consider going to perform an anatomically impossible autoerotic task upon themselves.

Thanks.
Last edited by sticky-runes on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Memorable scenes for Suikoden IV and Tactics

Post by Celes »

We are aware that there is no section for those game. The reason is simple: No one has written them. Feel free to contribute something here we can discuss. Then it will eventually be transferred to the website.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Let's do that together, sticky :)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

you're still currently playing 4, right? Get your notebook out!
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I still am :D I just recruited Kika. I'll note down stuff!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

"Dear Diary,

I am an old man who plays Suikoden IV alone in my living room in a small town and I have gone eighty-four days now without taking down a memorable scene. In the first forty days my wife had been with me. But after forty days without a memorable scene my wife's parents had told her that I was now definitely and finally ulillillia, which is the worst form of obsessed, and my wife had gone at their orders to a divorce attorney who somehow managed to complete the process the first week."
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Finally got some dialogue from the night before the final engagement. i thought it would be best to use back story moments, as Suikoden 4 contains a lot of unseen events that are only briefly mentioned in certain scenes, and they are kind of important to the game's world and history.

This bit of dialogue is when Elenor talks about Graham Cray's history.

"Long ago, he used to be my subordinate - a tactician and an assistant in the service of the Scarlet moon Empire... But out of the blue, he attacked the nobles of scarlet Moon. How many years has it been since then? Back then, something definitely happened to Cray. He suddenly exchanged his left hand with a steel one...
Even worse, Cray used his son as a pawn and let him die... I'm positive that something triggered this rebellion.But no matter how much I questioned him, he never answered. In the end, he was expelled, and I was discharged.
He was a good kid, too, but now... I regret... my being unable to save him."

This is when Lino tells Lazlo about his wife's history with the Rune of Punishment.

"The Rune you now hold... It was summoned from the ruins of the kingdom 15 years ago by the Queen of Obel. She was my wife. we lived normal lives, resisting the Rune's lure. Then one day, we were attacked by pirates... Our kids were on the ship, too. Flare and her younger brother, they were just newborns. My Lady died saving them... She defeated the pirates, but our ship sustained heavy damage... My youngest... went missing. If he were alive, he would be about your age now... Just a couple more years and I might've shared a drink with him... Oh, but make no mistake. i haven't supported you in an attempt to replace my lost son. It's not that at all."

This is Leknaat's dialogue when she appears to Lazlo if he has recruited all 108 stars of destiny.

"The trial of the Rune will end...
The time for atonement shall pass...
The time for forgiveness shall begin.
This is your destiny and the destinies of the 108 who have gathered around you...
I have seen the will of the Rune... If you are ever to let it go, the Rune will certainly wander throughout the world, harvesting lives, once again. Where the Rune is headed from here on... Unfortunately, I still do not know the answer to that at this time. "

This is a missable piece of dialogue, and it occurs if you argue against Elenor going into El Eal with the detachment team during the war meeting. Lazlo will wake up the next morning, and be locked in his room, and Elenor will say this to him from behind the door.

"Sorry...
I've got to do this on my own terms. I'll come back when I'm done.
I do not intend to die. However, I do intend to settle this, once and for all. Everyone will say it was self-serving revenge... that I failed as a tactician... But I've thought this through in my mind and I've decided this was the best strategy. I'm grateful to you. You're my savior, the one who dug me out of my grave..."

I like this moment in particular because Elenor refers to Lazlo digging her out of her grave (when you first meet Elenor to recruit her, she says that you will have to bring her back from the dead)

I will try to get some more dialogue when I replay the game from scratch. My clunky old PS2 is being dodgy at the moment, so it might take a while.
ragnarok

Post by ragnarok »

to me cray was scarier when his past had not been revealed. here is a guy who acted out of greed for money, not out of dark pass, not because of influence of a dark power
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Cray has connections to both Elenor and the rune of Punishment. If not for those, then he'd have just been some random bad guy that nobody gives a sh!t about.
ragnarok

Post by ragnarok »

i mean, a character can be evil without having a life altering trauma . he can also still be a greedy merchant who wants the rune of punishment
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Meh. Cray is my least favorite of the archvillains. I never really got his motivation.