Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Starks

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Post by Starks »

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/suikode ... tch-and-pc

I think it's time we start getting just a little excited.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ra ... red-heroes

Edited to drop in the kickstarter. Almost 40k out of the 509k needed in 10 minutes.
Last edited by Starks on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yes. That does sound exciting. I'll be pledging big on the kickstarter I have no doubt.
SupaDav03

Post by SupaDav03 »

Here’s some more info on the new game, including screenshots, plot details, gameplay details, and ex-Suikoden staff involved.

Really excited for this. I’m going to pledge for sure. Hopefully it reaches the Switch stretch goal.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/ ... _successor
Mattabee

Post by Mattabee »

Re-registered for Suikosource as soon as I saw this was announced. Can't believe we're finally getting another Suikoden game! The artstyle and battle system channeling the energy of Suikoden 2 for the modern age is exactly what I wanted. So excited. x
Haagen-Dazs

Post by Haagen-Dazs »

First time posting on this forum, just wanted to say hi to everyone.
Signed up with the news of Eiyuden. Suikoden II is a masterpiece that fundamentally changed the way I view gaming and life. When my brother was in the hospital I told him to slash a stone together knowing our journey was going to take a turn. I almost lost him and we almost lost each other, but our ending is very similar to the true ending of Suikoden II's. I will pledge thousands if I have to in order to see this game released.
Mir_TcDohl

Post by Mir_TcDohl »

Looking forward to EiyuSource!
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Mir_TcDohl wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm Looking forward to EiyuSource!
They should just add it to these forums. I don't want Suikosource to fade away. I love that the forum has been lively lately
toji

Post by toji »

Fire Emblem fans consider Tear Ring Saga/Berwick Saga/Vestaria Saga as spinoffs of the main franchise. I think suikoden fandom can do the same with Eiyuden. (until Eiyuden manages to get more games xD )
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I haven't visited these forums in so many years. Glad to see it's still alive and kicking and look forward to seeing many future Eiyuden conversations happen here.
PSN: FreshMetal80
tabibintang

Post by tabibintang »

Let's support Eiyuuden, I'm so excited, can't wait for next 2 years 🤣
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Well, the campaign is over and the goals were shattered. A little over $4.5 million raised making it into the top 3 most funded games in Kickstarter history. Now the hard part of waiting 2 years or so for the final product to be completed. Hopefully they'll give us frequent updates during development to show off the progress.
PSN: FreshMetal80
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

One wonders if most funded mean anything when one considers backers' reception of Shenmue III and Mighty No 9? But perhaps one can aspire for something along the line of Bloodstained or Pillars of Eternity instead.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Based on early footage, I think most Suikoden fans will enjoy the game. Not sure if it will appease to the wide audience though. All we can do is hope it's successful.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's funny how they were inspired by Octopath's 2.5D approach but decided to skip the Switch. PC/mobile aside, among the consoles, I feel the Switch userbase is far more open to this type of graphics compared to the rest.

But it is 2 years in the making, so perhaps more will appreciate the retro look and feel.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

patapi wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:28 am One wonders if most funded mean anything when one considers backers' reception of Shenmue III and Mighty No 9? But perhaps one can aspire for something along the line of Bloodstained or Pillars of Eternity instead.
Igarashi from Bloodstained has been advising the Eiyuden team with their KS strategy -- he was also seen in the closing Twitch stream with the other development team members. I think there is good chance they will avoid the same problems that plagued Shemue III and Mighty No 9, etc (all those failed KS games).