Looking for Game Composer

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
KatoneVi

Looking for Game Composer

Post by KatoneVi »

Hello suikosource

Any game composer here?
Looking for one who can make songs like those of suikoden 1 and 2 games.

Thanks
Katone
Rooks

Re: Looking for Game Composer

Post by Rooks »

Well, I am not a composer myself. But, I do know a couple of them. I would start by contacting a man by the name of Dale North. He's a composer and vocalist, and also a Suikoden fan.

I don't know if he's exactly the right person for the job, but, he has extensive experience in the industry, and he could help point you in the right direction, even if he's not a good fit.

Contact info is on his website:
http://www.dalenorthmusic.com/
KatoneVi

Post by KatoneVi »

Rooks

Thank you for the recommendation; coincidentally, he is here in San Diego as well, which is awesome.
I'll definitely look into it.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Not a problem, that's what I'm here for.

Also, I will give you a tip: Dale is both a musician, and the former Editor-in-chief of Destructoid, an online game magazine. Though, since he left that, he's become a rather private person. Needless to say, he still has a lot of old contacts throughout all of both the Major Game Studios, and Indie developers, especially when it comes to music.

Dale is a giant Welsh Corgi fanatic, too! So, if he doesn't seem interested in talking at first, share a cute corgi video and he will open right up to you. lol. That's how I did it.
KatoneVi

Post by KatoneVi »

"And please pass along thanks for the person that recommended me!"

He said thanks, Rooks. :)
Out of curiosity, why did you reach out to him before? Are you a developer as well? :)
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

No, I am one of the co-founders of the Suikoden Revival Movement. As such, in our efforts to see the Suikoden games re-released digitally, we developed rather extensive social and professional relationships with people around the industry. Dale, being, at the time, both the EiC of Destructoid and speaking publicly about how much he admired Miki Higashino's work and Suikoden in general, marked him as a target for my social charms lol.

It is oddly like being a secret agent, where you develop and maintain key relationships, then use those relationships to influence events. Wait, I just made myself sound evil lol. I mean, look, I want to bring more Suikoden into the world, not, you know, topple democratically elected governments and secure petrochemical resources for transnational corporations. So, I only use my powers for good, mwhahahahahahah *laughs in an evil manner that makes you distrust him.*

Still, Dale does have a very lovely voice, and I am a bit of a fan. I wonder how he's been doing.
KatoneVi

Post by KatoneVi »

That's amazing Rooks.
Thank you and the rest of the team for the work and effort; I hear about you guys all the time when I am looking up Suikoden. :) Lots of shout out from Suikoden fans all over the place.

For some reason, an image of Luca Blight flashed across my mind when I read that evil laugh, lol.
And yes, his voice is incredibly amazing. I truly thank you, Rooks, for the recommendation.