Luc's visions *Spoilers*

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Masamune.

Luc's visions *Spoilers*

Post by Masamune. »

Hey, I haven't played S3, but I have a couple of questions about Luc.

So the True Wind Rune showed Luc an unbalanced future where Order brought stagnation to the world? Therefore Luc's reasons for doing what he did were not entirely selfish?

Was this the actual future or the rune playing with Luc's mind?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Luc's visions *Spoilers*

Post by KFCrispy »

Masamune. wrote:Hey, I haven't played S3, but I have a couple of questions about Luc.

So the True Wind Rune showed Luc an unbalanced future where Order brought stagnation to the world? Therefore Luc's reasons for doing what he did were not entirely selfish?

Was this the actual future or the rune playing with Luc's mind?
that's left kind of open for your interpretation, but i believe Luc himself says it's only ONE of the possibilities of the future. to me, he was using it as an excuse to destroy himself along with his True Wind Rune. If you play Geddoe's ending, Geddoe basically tells Luc he's a fool, which I tend to agree with.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I think he was a bit nuts by S3. o_O

In Suikoden 1 he seems childish and a prankster
Then in S2 he takes a mood swing and becomes intelligent and likeable, but still has a sort of "Childish" attitude at times.

Perhapes he is simply not as mature as we think, and simply thought the only way out was to off himself and the rune, and didn't think ahead to much.

What surprised me is that Sarah must of seen what could of happened and yet allowed it to.
If anyone is evil it isn't Luc but Sarah.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I look at it as a tale of two runes/runebearers. The original Flame Champion was able to remove his rune and live out his life and die. I know that this is up for debate in another thread, but every True Rune bearer is said to be cursed with immortality. I believe that Geddoe says he is trapped in the purgatory of life. Almost all of the TR bearers want to die. In the end, all of them can die. All they have to do is transfer their rune to someone else, like Ted, Neclord, Joshua, FC did. I think Luc is slightly jealous of all other TR bearers. Since his rune is fused to his soul, he can't get rid of it. Therefore, he can't die a natural death.

He also hates Harmonia for botching his creation. Since they're trying to collect all the TRs, what better way to foil their plan than to destroy one.

His vision is just self-justification for destroying millions of people. Not to say that he didn't actually see it. But he is the fool if he thinks he's being noble and saving the world from stagnant order. He's just pissed off and feeling sorry for himself.

But I love his character. I don't think any other character has the level of depth that he has.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Neclord didn't die from transferring his rune, he was killed by Viktor and gang. he was probably ageless due to being a vampire (so many benefits!).
Also, it is not confirmed Joshua is dead even though I believe he says he will die if he gives his rune to someone else.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Ok... Neclord was a bad example. Joshua still fits because my point was not that he is confirmed as dead, but that he can die now and be released from the flesh.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, I liked Luc to, and I sort of wish Sarah wasn't so stupid as not to try to help him deal with his problems than help him destroy the world! I mean IMO Luc was misunderstood crazy, Sarah was juts plain crazy!
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco