Luc's Quotes

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Author

Luc's Quotes

Post by Author »

Spoilers to those who have not played S3...Luc's Chapter

Okay, didn't find a topic about it from Page 10 and below.

I watched in Youtube the game...I haven't played S3...or S4...S5...no PS2 <.<;

"His (Hugo) eyes reminds me of the former"
"I once entrusted my dream to a person with your eyes and heart. A very long time ago"
"No, there's no attachment. They just reminded me of people I used to know"
These three quotes bothered me. And pained my heart ;~; Who did he mean? It was either Tir or Riou, but I feel like it's Riou. The third line was obvious. What really hurt me was the second. Entrusted his dream? Freedom? What dream is it? I thought that he started this way of thinking when the True Wind Rune gave him visions after the Dunan Unification War? Did this mean he never realized his dream? That he was failed? It wasn't specified :(
Mio
Banned User

Re: Luc's Quotes

Post by Mio »

well to level with you, what was Luc's dream?

in S3 you'll figure that his dream was to get rid of the True Wind Rune on his hand

so if this is the dream he entrusted to S1 or S2's protagonists

we really wouldn't know about it back then due to his anti-social personality

my best guess would be that those lines were pulled from air just to make the scene more dramatic/nostalgic
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Actually,
Spoiler

Actually, I believe it was rid the world of the true runes rule, to prevent the world from becoming to ordered, empty place that he saw. Luc having seen the effect of the true runes on their bearers and how they attempted to control them wished to get rid of them or at least to unsettle the balance to prevent the future, gray, empty world he saw in his rune inspired dreams. If it was any one I think it would Riou, who's rune set him against his best friend.

EDIT: destroying his rune was a means of disrupting the place. Naturally chaos would ensue afterwards, which is probably why Yuber stayed as long as he did instead of jetting out.
Author

Post by Author »

He did say a couple of times that he had seen how the runes work in war many times already and people dying. Though I don't think his dream was ever to rid the world of True Runes. I think he just want to defy a god to break from the so-called fate after seeing the visions from the TWR.

I don't think he had the same view before the end of Dunan. There was a scene but I think it was in Greenhill when Nanami commented about Luc being thin and weak and he staggered, retorting that he is Leknaat's best disciple or something. I can't forget that scene. That or it's from a fanfic <.< stupid good fanfics.

I still don't understand what and why he entrusted his dreams. If this dream was his dream in S3, to break from fate, then I'm not sure if it makes sense. If they did just add it to make it nostalgic, then Konami made Luc's character more confusing >.>
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

we can't judge Luc from SI and SII

you can say that he had his visions after the Dunan Unification

but then again you can refute that by saying he's been training under Leknaat due to the visions that he saw

and that he was only waiting for the right time to put his plan together (prolly waiting for Sarah)

ontopic about Luc's dream

a more elaborate explanation from me (from my memory)

Luc gathered all the other True Runes in order to destroy his True Wind Rune

by doing so, he would be challenging god, which would symbolize his freedom from his fate (whatever that fate is)

Luc have seen his fate and apparently he doesn't like it

i never recall anything about what his fate was and noting about ridding the place of True Runes

so perhaps you can say that he was hoping that Riou's and Jowy's fight would bring about a way to destroy a True Rune

maybe in that sense he was indeed placing his dreams unto Riou
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Well what I remember him going on about is the gray, empty ordered world that their world would eventually end up as, or at least so he thought. By destroying his own rune, he would throw off the balance of the world and prevent that... and giving people a chance to survive past that ashen future in the end. That was his main goal.
As for the other stuff I think I got them from the manga XD

*reviews manga*
"The runes powers lure people into war without the runes.. they may not have suffered or died. And the only thing waiting at the end of these wars is... nothingness." -Luc
So basically, unable to rid the world of the runes power, he wants to at least prevent that nothingness, the vision he had of the empty world. The only thing I think he was referring to with the dream is defiance of the True Runes' will. Because I don't think he could expect Riou or Tir to destroy their own runes or somehow free the world of their rule. Though Tir may have wanted to since it kinda traumatizes him.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Mio wrote:we can't judge Luc from SI and SII

you can say that he had his visions after the Dunan Unification

but then again you can refute that by saying he's been training under Leknaat due to the visions that he saw

and that he was only waiting for the right time to put his plan together (prolly waiting for Sarah)

Luc is Leknaats apprentice for a very simple reason....he has a true rune and he does not have a life since he his a clone.So leknaat took him in for those 2 reasons,if you talk to Luc in suikoden 2 you can see he starts to talk about fate ect ect{I dont rermember his words} which clearly implies his True rune is starting to mess with his mind

As for Sarah....she's the 1 that followed Luc when he left Leknaat,she has so much loyalty and love for him that she will do anything he wishes, Luc left her and she followed him.

ontopic about Luc's dream

a more elaborate explanation from me (from my memory)

Luc gathered all the other True Runes in order to destroy his True Wind Rune

by doing so, he would be challenging god, which would symbolize his freedom from his fate (whatever that fate is)

Luc have seen his fate and apparently he doesn't like it

i never recall anything about what his fate was and noting about ridding the place of True Runes

so perhaps you can say that he was hoping that Riou's and Jowy's fight would bring about a way to destroy a True Rune

maybe in that sense he was indeed placing his dreams unto Riou

I never thought about Luc wanting riou and jowy to destory there true rune...thats a good theory

Luc's dreams were showing him people all over the planet had no power over there own destinies and it was all because of the True runes,he believed if he could destroy his True rune then the cage of order around everyones destinies would be destroyed and thus human beings would no longer be imprisoned.....To do this he did not care how many lives had to be sacrificed.

Luc based all his actions on a vision he got from his true rune but we know True runes are sentient so its very likely the rune was simply trying to trick him into killing himself so that the rune could be freed like the wind it represents.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

very nice!

now i understand Luc 2 steps further

thanks for that

oh wait, i wasn't the one who had questions in this thread

lol where'd the TS go?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I miss Luc. I hope they have another clone of him.
Nick Bruiser
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

If there is a clone, there is few to little chance that it will act just like Luc. Look at the other clone that already exists.

If they do make another clone that looks and acts just like Luc, they essentially brought him back, which is sorta dumb and HIGHLY improbable that they get someone to act just like Luc with the new clone also being locked up, rescued, served in two of the same wars, etc etc. They really need to let him go now.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

iMHO Luc's part in the series is done

if he were to reappear in future installments, his character would be overbearing

i mean his character would have more story than most of the protagonists

besides, Luc left the game in a glorious way

his open-ended reincarnation created a gold mine of speculation for us players

its what haunts us after finishing teh game

and if they were to shut that gold mine by filling info to these mysteries

well i believe that that would be soO lame

:D
Author

Post by Author »

*comes back when she feels like it*

I had this random idea that something had actually happened in the fifteen years >.> you know, like a suikoden series, though I seriously hope not.

It's possible that the rune has been messing with him since S2, but I think the writers didn't think of S3 at that time so Luc was still that non-villain Luc we all know during S2. When they were making S3, they said he had the visions after S2. Still confused what his dream was since I don't really think he had this grudge against the runes since S2. I have a question though. What did Luc know about Sasarai in S2? Did he know he was his brother? Or simply know he had a True Rune? Because depending on his grudge against Sasarai, we might learn what his dream is o_O