Tanks in this game

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
RPG Seeker

Tanks in this game

Post by RPG Seeker »

Is Leo the only tank in S3?
Tiger

Re: Tanks in this game

Post by Tiger »

i find cecile one of the best tanks in this game...
Suikoden is not just agame it is a way of life
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Chris is the best Tank. As she is about one of the best characters in the game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there are plenty of tanks in this game. most shield users and anybody with a good Armor Protect rating can all tank well.
Pope Blitzkrieg XVI

Post by Pope Blitzkrieg XVI »

Sorry about the necro post, but I usually used Fred Maximillian. I liked his ties with some older Suikoden content, not to mention his armor is pretty damn cool, plus his persona. And of course, he's a good meat shield. If I wanted to mix it up, my other main tank was Mua.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

When I saw this topic JUST NOW I was thinking Fred as well. You beat me to it

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Pope Blitzkrieg XVI

Post by Pope Blitzkrieg XVI »

Yeah, I have this old Suikoden III memory in my head...One of those big war battles in my game, and I remember Fred tanking the hell oughta Yuber, seriously, he wouldn't go down. He got Leo down, but Fred took all the hits and kept coming. That group ended up beating him too. Fred rocks.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Sharon's pretty underrated as a tank. She has BOTH Parry (max at B+) and Shield Protect (max at B, but can be increased with Chaos Shield). She has average magic defense (something Fred doesn't have), decent HP, and all around decent stats. I think she can also equip the Windspun Armor. Her only downfall is her lack of skill slots because she only get 6, and 3 of them are fixed, leaving her with only 3 free slots. Naturally, as a tank, Armor Protect will occupy one of them.

Overall, Twaikin is the best tank. His defensive skills are only decent (B+ in Armor and Shield Protect), but he has VERY high HP (highest in the game I believe). He also has lots of free skill slots, enough for him to actually make use of the Magic Resistance skill to further increase his already high magic defense. He also has pretty high PWR, and although that Warrior Rune is next to useless, it helps boost his attack power even more, albeit by just 10-20 points. He also has a powerful weapon to add to his offensive capabilities. Fear the mighty shovel!!!