Next Suikoden 'Star of Destiny mode'

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Mikain Clan King

Next Suikoden 'Star of Destiny mode'

Post by Mikain Clan King »

What do you guys think about a normal mode ( not easy please) and a 'Star of Destiny' mode...where as playing regular mode its just the regular game...and ONLY unlockable as of beating the game with all 108 characters using absolutly no cheats; 'Star of Destiny mode'...here the bosses should have like an extra 1/3 life at least or always be +20 to 30 levels of stats higher than the hero and the 2nd highest leveled person in your party (1st if your hero is not the highest level), or a combo of both. Something that is always challenging no matter how many times you play through....something that is crazy hard and every boss battle is epic. This would be so much cooler if the game played like S1 or S2, graphics and everything. Shoot to make it fast they could just basically use S2's story line and make the main character Genkaku and in Jowy's place could be Han...I know the hardcore Suikoden fans would go nuts. It'd already have an amazing storyline and I'm sure no one would mind having the same story line as S2...and for having the guts of making a modern console game with 2-D graphics Suikoden could end up in the gaming news and then it would be widely spread and eventually could end up making Suikoden a gaming legend to everyone, not just us. There could even be extra mini-quests for our favorite immortal characters (Sierra, Necklord maybe even some Leknaat history), and the ending could be different (like the best ending on regular mode is default for this mode, and the best ending for this mode could be how Genkaku came to end up with Riou and Nanami...and find out where Riou came from, I can't recall his name right now but the story board leader for S1 and S2 that quit could help with this and I'm betting he could come up with a good history for Riou. And the enemy's strenght could always be determined on your current level not just base stats and level. Runes could be more in-depth if thats possible...we could even have the formation system of Suikoden 5...alot of Dueling should go on...there is alot more stuff that I would like to say but right now I'll just open it up for suggestions. So anyone?

Oh and is there anyway to delete a topic you made? Computer was lagging so I clicked submit again (didn't bring me to view you message page)
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Redheim

Re: Next Suikoden 'Star of Destiny mode'

Post by Redheim »

My posts keep getting deleted whenever I post in this topic. >_>
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Sorry, double post.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

the hard mode sounds good to me. as long as they keep the "new game +" feature somehow (like keeping all money, items, etc. that's about it i'd say). but i know i would care about the story being the same as two. if i want to play two, i will. everyone wants another 2, but i think 5 came as close as it could without seeming like a complete rehash. i want 6 to change up the series, like 3 did, but that's just me.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Sounds better to me than adding a new dungeon. I agree that they need to do something to rehash the series, but i would prefer it not be like 3. I really hated the gameplay in 3, the plot was really good to me, but i hated the game play.