Something i found out ( involves suikoden and konami and oth

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
hotspot

Something i found out ( involves suikoden and konami and oth

Post by hotspot »

I wasnt quite sure where to put this, but it does have to do with suikoden but not that much, but kind of.

insomniac creators of Spyro and Ratchet & Clank created a game called Resistance: Fall of man instead of making another sequel for the ratchet and clank series, the reason they did this was to test out the ps3's capabilities and stuff like that for ratchet and clank, suprising enough Resistance: Fall of Man did pretty well with sales and will have a sequel along with R&C.

sucker punch
creators of Rocket : Robot on wheels and the Sly Cooper Series are releasing a game called infamous, fans say the only reason for infamous is to test the ps3's capabilities and stuff like that for the next sly sequel just like insomniac.

Maybe konami will do this too? maybe they will make a game just to test out the ps3's capabilities for the next suikoden, which is why we dont really know anything about suikoden 6 at all, even though its only been like a year and a half since suikoden 5, with sly 4 we just know its being made and nothing else just like suikoden 6.
It also makes me think, if they do, what would this game be about and would it be anything like suikoden or the exact opposite?
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Sonic

Re: Something i found out ( involves suikoden and konami and oth

Post by Sonic »

Well, Konami is already jumping head first into the PS3 with Metal Gear Solid 4, and now with Silent Hill V as well. Unless they're using two of their biggest flagship series' to test the waters for a moderately obscure RPG with a hyper-dedicated niche audience.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right. But it doesn't seem terribly likely. Maybe once MGS is out of their system again (it gets released later this year I believe) they'll turn more attention towards Suikoden.
Yeah!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well we know they have already started working on Suikoden 6. i'm happy to be patient for a quality game. they've been releasing them too quickly, in my opinion, and it's been costing the series.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

KFCrispy wrote:well we know they have already started working on Suikoden 6. i'm happy to be patient for a quality game. they've been releasing them too quickly, in my opinion, and it's been costing the series.
Really??!!! I had no idea that Konami had already started on Suikoden 6. Until now, I had just been hoping that S5 wasn't the last in the series.
PSN: FreshMetal80
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

KFCrispy wrote:well we know they have already started working on Suikoden 6. i'm happy to be patient for a quality game. they've been releasing them too quickly, in my opinion, and it's been costing the series.
I agree, the spit them out pretty quickly, the last ones anyways.
hotspot wrote:I wasnt quite sure where to put this, but it does have to do with suikoden but not that much, but kind of.

insomniac creators of Spyro and Ratchet & Clank created a game called Resistance: Fall of man instead of making another sequel for the ratchet and clank series, the reason they did this was to test out the ps3's capabilities and stuff like that for ratchet and clank, suprising enough Resistance: Fall of Man did pretty well with sales and will have a sequel along with R&C.

sucker punch
creators of Rocket : Robot on wheels and the Sly Cooper Series are releasing a game called infamous, fans say the only reason for infamous is to test the ps3's capabilities and stuff like that for the next sly sequel just like insomniac.

Maybe konami will do this too? maybe they will make a game just to test out the ps3's capabilities for the next suikoden, which is why we dont really know anything about suikoden 6 at all, even though its only been like a year and a half since suikoden 5, with sly 4 we just know its being made and nothing else just like suikoden 6.
It also makes me think, if they do, what would this game be about and would it be anything like suikoden or the exact opposite?
I hope you're right on that one, they may be using another game. Probably one that won't get a US release to test the PS3 waters? It would also be nice for them to release something similair to their card game on the gameboy on one the handheld systems.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Sonic wrote:Well, Konami is already jumping head first into the PS3 with Metal Gear Solid 4, and now with Silent Hill V as well.
Don't count SH5, it's developed by an american developer, not Konami or Team Silent.

I hope SH5 goes anywhere but the Xbox360.