[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Harukaze wrote:Can anyone do a quick summary of lucreborn's claims? If nothing else I'd like to tackle the mathematics behind the concept.
He claimed to have Nanami at level 22 with 62 PROT stat when she "died" in Rockaxe. He also said that he achieved the level 22 by sometimes surviving battles just when he got her and only surviving once right around Muse area.

Due to the Suikoden 2 EXP system (where you got more EXP for having lower level compared to the monster's), it's quite impossible to boost Nanami's level up to 22 by just surviving once near Muse area because the monsters there are low-leveled. The only alternative to get her to level 22 by only surviving once around Muse is by having her as the sole survivor in the party. That way she got x6 EXP. But again, obviously this wasn't lucreborn's method because otherwise he would've mentioned it already.

I guess I'm proven wrong that you could actually jump to level 22 (though whenever I tried, it made my character jumped to level 24 instead of 22) by surviving once (if you have the exact number of characters in party and level of your character). But I still doubt that lucreborn did it because to achieve that, it requires customizing, and it's just illogical for him to purposely KO the other characters in order to boost Nanami's level to 22. He purposely tried to KO Nanami in every battle, not KO-ing the other characters to boost her level.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Alright, not to defend him but to play devil's advocate, don't the monsters near Muse change at some point? Namely during the main Rockaxe sequence? Would 1x exp for a battle there be worth ~12000 to a level 10 character, for example? Or some combination thereof from whatever level she might naturally have been at not long post-Kyaro?
St. Ajora

Post by St. Ajora »

Huh? I didn't think anything else was an issue when it came to saving Nanami. In all of the guides I've read, all you had to do was press the button before the text went away. It says nothing about this ARM stuff...
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Yeah, but they failed to check the requirements completely. Next time you're in that spot, try taking all of her armor off. You will likely not save her.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

A lot of guides are pretty inaccurate when it comes to Suikoden 2. Suikoden 2 is deceptively complex with all it's hidden attributes. Most people play through the game without realizing all these invisible factors.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Harukaze wrote:Alright, not to defend him but to play devil's advocate, don't the monsters near Muse change at some point? Namely during the main Rockaxe sequence? Would 1x exp for a battle there be worth ~12000 to a level 10 character, for example? Or some combination thereof from whatever level she might naturally have been at not long post-Kyaro?
Yes they do change, but lucreborn was talking about the earlier part of the Muse, not the latter because he said that Nanami survived before reaching S.Window.

So the answer is no, x1 EXP wouldn't be enough for Nanami's level to jump up to 22 considering how weak the monsters are there.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Emperor Jowy Blight

yo

Post by Emperor Jowy Blight »

Well I kept failing to save her. I was doing EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE right, and every time I would not save her. Every time after Huan called in Shu, nothing happned. At about the 40th try I just gave it up, and to my surprise at the end Shu told me that Nanami had lived and I found out that me and Jowy were coo wit eachother. That was cool, it was a surprise I would have never though of.
We're all a little stoned, and we freak when we're at home, as for me, I only freak, when I'm bustin out...

Yo man, I'm a heretic...
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Red Killey wrote:
Harukaze wrote:Alright, not to defend him but to play devil's advocate, don't the monsters near Muse change at some point? Namely during the main Rockaxe sequence? Would 1x exp for a battle there be worth ~12000 to a level 10 character, for example? Or some combination thereof from whatever level she might naturally have been at not long post-Kyaro?
Yes they do change, but lucreborn was talking about the earlier part of the Muse, not the latter because he said that Nanami survived before reaching S.Window.

So the answer is no, x1 EXP wouldn't be enough for Nanami's level to jump up to 22 considering how weak the monsters are there.

ok tell you what since I beat it a couple over 50 times i go and test it again maybe it was a glitch or something but ill be sure that I have around the same as I did and i will post when i get there in 2 days.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If you test it again, please be very specific in things that you do. Give us as much detail as you could and not just be vague. Convince us on how you do so and so by providing specific facts.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Mongoose wrote: Second topic:
There's technically another choice with lucreborn's level 22 Nanami; once you defeat Neclord at North Window and recieve the "home base," you no longer HAVE to have Nanami in your party.
Well it's a moot point because the very questionable part is how he said that he had level 22 Nanami by surviving a few times after he got her, and only once more around Muse area. That alone is already impossible.

As for putting her in convoy, if I'm not mistaken, it only works for the first time you're going to Matilda (to get the Red/Blue Knights) and against Neclord in Tinto (only AFTER they wake up and you already get Kahn and Sierra). Other than that, she would be forced into the active party whenever she forced herself.
However, while this does, in a veeeerry sketchy theory, prove his Level 22 Nanami, it doesn't explain how on earth he still saved her...unless he put rather, RATHER nice armor on, except that he's already claimed he hasn't.
He claimed that he saved her just fine without giving her any armor (DEF = PROT = 62).
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Mongoose wrote:Actually, it's not a moot point; at this point in the game, you should be around level 35 or so, correct?--so, if you don't spend any extra time running around finding the 108 or leveling up, and you're basically doing everything in your power to IGNORE a character, there's a chance the character's at level 22.
You missed my point, Mongoose. It is NOT impossible for anyone to have Nanami at level 22 by the end of the game. What I said was impossible and moot point was only on lucreborn's case. According to the things that he claimed to do, it was impossible for him to have Nanami at level 22 before reaching S.Window by surviving a few times after he got her and once around Muse. Please read lucreborn's and my posts first to really understand the situation.

And no, at that point of the game you should not be around level 35. That's the first time you go to Matilda area, not when trying to liberate Rockaxe. When you're about to liberate Rockaxe, you should be around level 50s.
Mongoose wrote:Also remember that, if you don't choose to save Nanami in Kyaro, she doesn't show up until the Mercenary Fort is destroyed, and you meet her in Muse.
Had you read lucreborn's posts, you'll know that he didn't ignore Nanami because he said that Nanami already leveled up a couple of times before reaching Muse area. So again, it's moot point for this case.
Mongoose wrote:My point is, by avoiding Nanami in the begining; by omitting her from his party whenever he could; by not bothering to heal her whenever she died; and by being extremely lucky either with finding monsters or running away, there IS a chance that Nanami COULD be level 22.
Unfortunately, like I said before, your point is moot for this case because lucreborn obviously didn't do anything like what you just posted. Again, it's very possible to have Nanami at level 22 by the end of the game, I know that. The issue here was wether lucreborn was telling the truth or not, that's why I asked questions about how he achieved that. Judging from his answers, I find it that it was very unlikely that he really did what he claimed he did.

And please try not to go into name-calling. My name is not Sparky, and I don't quite appreciate the fact that you tried to call me by that name. Thank you very much, consider this a friendly warning, Mongoose.
Last edited by Red Killey on Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
lucreborn

something that would explain alot that i forgot to say

Post by lucreborn »

Ok im up to the point right before going to liberate the castle. Shes at lvl 24 and prot 66. Ill go to the castle tommorow as im tired ill edit the post tommorow or repost.

forgot to say.....After Neclord I sorta cheated and used the McDohl code where you can put him in the 6th spot, and when ever i didnt want nanami in my party i used that to kik her out, excluding on the way to rockaxe of course. so that would explain why shes at a low level when i get there. Sorry i forgot to mentain that and hope it clears some stuff up.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If you are trying to test things out of any game, not just Suikoden, the last thing you want to do is using any cheating device. Cheating device like GameShark might alter the game in mysterious ways that could affect other things than what the code intended to do.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I think you screwed it up once again, lucreborn. Next time you want to test things out, try not to use any cheating device.