Xenogears?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
oneWinged

Post by oneWinged »

Yes, they're made by different companies. But both Xenogears and Xenosaga are directed by the same guy, Tetsuya Takahashi. Just because he once worked for Square at one point doesn't mean he doesn't have the freedom to leave for another company. He wanted to finish his Xenogears series, but Square didn't accept it because XG wasn't a financial failure to them. So him and his team (Xenogears, Chrono, etc), left to make Monolith Soft, where they sought to complete the Xenogears series (as outlined in Xenogears Perfect Works). But due to legal issues, they couldn't directly relate the series to Xenogears--so they created Xenosaga, a spiritual successor to Xenogears. Namco then published Xenosaga--they didn't make it.

Like I said before, I believe Xenosaga is a spiritual prequal to Xenogears by over 10000 years. While making no direct connections, you can still figure that both games take place in the same universe.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I'm going to take your word for it oneWinged, simply because you seem to know a lot about the creators of XG and XS and the relationship that is between them, in fact XG and XS are in the same universe, maybe not the same "planet" or "world" but in the same universe, there is indeed a Zohar in XG now that i rememeber, you come in contact with the Zohar during the encounter with Grahf for the final time i believe, which honestly, "that" is the direct and "only" connection between XS and XG. I pretty much always thought XS and XG were somehow related but i wasnt completely sure, but now that i gave it a lot of thought, i realize how very simular they really are. Fei being the "Super Ego", and Id kind of remind me of how Rubedo and Albedo are in XS.

I guess that makes sense that XS takes place 10,000 years in the past before the events of XG, but wow did they have advanced technology back then, in XG, the technology wasnt as great and people were living in the deserts and stuff, i guess Isaac Balthasar was right. I'm guessing they called the mechs in XS A.G.W.S and not Gears, because of XG. Well thats interesting.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
AteTrack

Post by AteTrack »

personally, i think xenogears was AMAZING. i loved the battle system, and i think it had one of the best storylines ever in a RPG.

xenosaga? now that's boring.
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

This game is hard to use due to the control scheme(I like using the left control stick)
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Xenogears was the first game to let me jump over people's heads. And it's an RPG! :lol: