properties of mounted pairs

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

properties of mounted pairs

Post by KFCrispy »

i have been trying to figure out what factors into a mounted pair's stats, and i concluded two things: swing is determined by the human's total swings only, this wasn't obvious to me before cuz i would often give Hugo bonuses so he had 5 or more swings by himself but when mounted i didn't give him anything and he would have 4. but testing has shown that Fubar's swings don't matter at all and Hugo's swings are exactly the same with and without Fubar.

damage is dealt by both at first (atk value of both combined), but then i'm confused. then i'm assuming the following strikes have the same rules as normal.

ATK (Hugo/Fubar): 304/345
vs Nemesis in Hideaway (who has pretty high physical defense; over 300 pt difference in initial hits vs Azzodess in Ceremonial Site)

regular: 510/308, 536/309
Fubar w/Double-Strike: 852/498, 864/504
Hugo w/Double-Strike: 739/415/305, 765/446/306
both w/Double-Strike: 1060/634, 1080/~700

*i probably shouldn't have used Double-Strike cuz it affects enemy defense (because it only multiplies how much enemy receives instead of how much attacker deals) as well based on Korn's findings for Suikoden 2 -_-

i haven't tested movement speed, which might be interesting because the human rides on the beast.. so it might be the Beast's stats instead of the rider's.

as for damage and healing, i dunno, i dont' think i'm going to test it.... but there is a pretty obvious difference when it happens. one gets more than the other.. i'm guessing it's based on HP ratio though.

also repel and counter-attacks would be good, too...
Last edited by KFCrispy on Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the special Rune attacks that come from the beasts only rely on the beast's stats, so it is not really a good idea to use them when they're mounted.

when the beast uses an item (maybe not scrolls) the rider will still command a full attack series. if the rider uses an item, the unit defends. it looks like when the ridre atks the beast also defends, but don't know it counts as one.. when the beast uses a rune the rider defends i think.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

beasts cannot bear Sword of Magic runes..

ALL items will allow the unit to still attack (but not using runes/commands). i'm talking about any healing items, foods, and scrolls! if the item is faster than the attack, the item goes first.
a mounted pair can easily multiple its total damage, heal, and other things at the same time!! all this is accomplished with the unit still attacking using both beast and rider's combined attack value! woohoo!
try out foods that heal for large amounts and have good chances of causing a positive status...

-60% boost, and Boost is a 2x version of berserk.
-the Dragon Seal Incense can be used without wasting anyone's turn this way.

this brings a whole new aspect to mounted pairs AND raura to my attention. (what? scrolls have usefulness!?) equip your beast with wonderful scrolls such as:
-Clay Guardian
-Kindness Rain (target any pair not just your own like regular items/food)
-and here's an interesting idea--Soaring Bolt.

magic scrolls are not affected by affinity/skills, so Soaring Bolt will simply do 900. it's still a free add-on in damage, but a Lightning Rune will only give u a Soaring Bolt x1, and Thunder Rune still only gives a x2. all upgrade runes give u double the original scroll's amount, btw.

best runes and skills to give beasts if they are purely being used as mounted pairs are: physical attack-boosting runes; Damage and Magic Resistance may be the only skills the beasts contribute to the mounted pair, although i didn't verify either--just seem valid

damage received is definitely ratioed by total amount left compared to amount the beast and rider have. when they have equal HP, they will split the damage equally.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Suikoden III's scrollmaker is Hortez VII, remember?

You should make a guide for all this stuff. A Mounted Pairs guide. Could go in the Indepth section(or rather, make us create an indepth section for S3).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah.. all in due time
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the guide is up, if u didn't hear... http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/in ... ounted.php

when Hugo + Fubar are mounted, their MOV becomes 25 (each).

i just did a mounted fubar's rune atk vs Holly Boys, his atk is 100, Dmg skill C, and he did 133 to all 5.. it's a 0.8x dmg. hugo's atk is 130 and they both have just 1 swing. so it's possible that it uses their combined strength! my testing with ruby showed that ruby's rune atk seemed to only use ruby's total atk, but i'll have to do more checks

UPDATE: just used Fubar alone using the rune atk, did 144. maybe Holly Boys are just weak vs. Wind...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

when a pair is KOed, a sacrificial Jizo worn by the beast will revive the mounted pair! dunno about if the rider wears it though
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

the conclusion is having paired parties is very helpfull in battle. i killed Sarah at the battle in the Sindar Cave just with Hugo and Fubar 2 hits.
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

independency of Berserk status has been confirmed.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:The Fury Runes stack!.

Having one on both Hugo and Fubar, Fubar did around 1200 damage to a stone golem.

Having one Fury on Hugo and NONE on Fubar, Fubar did 950-1000 on the stone golem.

Having NO fury runes on either of them, Fubar did around 657 damage to a stone golem.

So, having 1 Fury on only one of them is not the same as having a Fury Rune on BOTH of them.