How did you get hooked......on Suikoden?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Sniper_Zegai

How did you get hooked......on Suikoden?

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I remember posting this topic years ago but not on here an FF Forum. But when and how did you get a chance to play Suikoden and how did you get hooked on it.

I'll go first then.

I accidentally mistook Suikoden 1 for a fighting game in a video rental store, I played it and got hooked and the games were'nt available to buy so I copied it and sent it back. If I knew what I knew now I would have kept it and payed the fee. It was my second RPG, I had played a demo for FF8 and although I liked it. I did'nt buy the game until after Suikoden 1
Last edited by Sniper_Zegai on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Spiraling Entropy

Post by Spiraling Entropy »

Played the first one back in the day and was hooked from then on.
In Digitized Remorse
Konstantine Lightfellow

Post by Konstantine Lightfellow »

I actually played the second one first. I was about 10 years old and I had this game magazine with a Suikoden II guide in it. Just reading about all the character you can get just amazed me. I don't know how long I got the game after that, but I instantly fell in love when I started playing it. I've been a fan of the Suikoden series ever since.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

A friend of mine told me about Suikoden I saying it was one of the best RPG's he'd ever played, and considering he was a big RPG fan this intrigued me as my interest in RPG's was increasing exponentially. Of course at this time Suikoden I was unavailable to buy (other than eBay). Anyway, a few weeks later my friend managed to get a copy of Suikoden I and I played it at his parents house warming, thus spending the next 5 hours ignoring everyone and playing the game (very sad, I know).

Then Suikoden II came out, which I bought immediately. It was at this point where I became hooked on the series because, as we all know, Suikoden II is excellent. I think I played that game to death over the summer it was released.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Its funny you should mention just playing for 5 hours straight because even though I was dissapointed it was'nt a fighting game I just kept playing. May be some sort of KONAMI mind control. :twisted:
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
reapz

Post by reapz »

I remember my brother bought it in a Game shop when i was young as he 2 thought it was a Beat-em-up game, and he didnt get into it at all, so he gave it to me!!, i was instantly hooked!!! until i got to neclords castle and couldnt figure the picture clicking combination for like 3 days haha, ahh memorys
Hot Like Wasabi

Post by Hot Like Wasabi »

It was my birthday and my parents wouldn't let me leave the store until I got something. I was flipping through a magazine (EGM2) and they had a guide on recruting all 108 characters (I still have it!). It amazed me that a game offered that many characters to choose from so I instantly checked the store to see if they had it and sure enough they did. Ever since then it has been my favorite game series.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

A friend told me about II. I didn't like it at first, but after playing it a second time (about two months later), I just didn't want to give it back (but I had to). Next, he managed to find I, and lent me his copy.

Then I got a PS2 and started buying the rest. Something which he still can't do.

I'm so proud of myself.
[evil laugh here]
abs

fgfg

Post by abs »

i started playig suikoden when i was about 8 i did it secretly because my brother did not want to let me play because he was afraid i could overwrite his files. im a BIG suikofan
Greywolf

Re: fgfg

Post by Greywolf »

My best friend rented Suik I from Blockbuster Video. He thought it was an okay game, but I tried it and became hooked on it. He really didn't play it further, but after all these years I still can't get enough of the series.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Hot Like Wasabi wrote:It was my birthday and my parents wouldn't let me leave the store until I got something.
LOL, your parents did that!, Those monsters. Just kidding. The point Im making is is'nt it weird that even though Suikoden is a relativly short RPG that poeple are just instantly hooked. I mean Im not a member of an FF forum.

P.S. Hot Like Wasabi! Cool Name 8)
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I got Suikoden I along with Destruction Derby2 for Christmas back when it came out. I had no idea what it was, so it sat unopened for a couple weeks before I finally got bored one day and tried it out. It hooked me!
PSN: FreshMetal80
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

My friend recomanded me Suikoden2, he say its very nice so i tried.
the Rune graphic was nice and there is 108 character for me to collect
which is quite challanging for me.
The most important thing is that the story really hooked me
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I picked it up really cheap together with FF7 back in...well, way back when. Hooked me, and I replayed Suikoden before I even got into FF7.
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Iris

Post by Iris »

People wouldn't stop raving about it, so I asked Mom and Dad to get me them (Suikodens I-IV) for Christmas '05.

Best day EVER.

As for how I got hooked... well, I'm a total sucker for cute, adorable things. Kittens, bunnies, Miles Edgeworth, squirrels, teddy bears, et cetera. So the second I saw Tir's little overworld map sprite with it's little bouncing tuft of hair I just about melted into a pile of "AWWWWW".