rune splitting ? S5

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
white_ninja

rune splitting ? S5

Post by white_ninja »

hey guys
Im not sure how you guys felt about it but i thaught this was a stupid idear

in suikoden 5 with the sun rune and night rune they sounded like realy good runes I was looking forward to see in action but why the hell make the night rune split becouse it dident like the brightness of the sun rune ?!

I thaught they have a good forumla with true runes , not splitting them all the time
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

light probably hurt the night rune. sun = light, night = dark. two contrasts. thats how I see it. sun weakens night, night weakens sun from the contrast.
white_ninja

Post by white_ninja »

i can understand that , but wouldent be so much better haveing something like the sun rune vs the night rune , i guess they was trying to stay clear of the old light vs dark cliche , but i think that chiche works !
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Suppose the fact that the Night Rune at the time, and for the last couple of decades, was sealed in the cave behind Qlon made it a bit difficult for it to appear in this game without a huge continuity breach?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I actually enjoyed how Konami added a kinda continuation to the original Creation Myth to put in perspective the newly introduced Sun Rune with an existing true rune (Night Rune aka Star Dragon Sword), as well as the mythical origin of the Dawn and Dusk runes.

It provided us ample time to warm up to the Sun Rune and its loyal guardians, without having to share the limelight with another true rune in the same game.
white_ninja

Post by white_ninja »

I guess some people might like the idear , but i think the whole splitting of runes is getting boreing , i would like to see two powerfull runes go up aganst eachother
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

u have some cases of that, for example:

war leknaat+joshua vs windy+yuber ( 3 true runes )
final battle suiko1, barbarosa vs tir ( viktor ) ( 2 or 3 true runes )
battle neclord vs sierra & co. ( 2 true runes and a half )
final battle suiko2, beast rune vs riou ( viktor ) ( 2 or 3 true runes )
final battle suiko3 ( 5 elemental, 6 true runes if have edge too )

do you want more?

or u mean the runes by herself, i dont think this gonna happen
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

This has been bugging me for a while, but are split runes more powerful when separated or combined? When they're separated, you have 2 runes that have the potential to be as strong as normal true runes (as we can see when Jowy holds off the Beast rune in SII), but when you have a single true rune, you only have a fraction of that power. So am I misinformed or are true runes just stronger than split runes?
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

stop the powers of the beast rune kill jowy ( and leknaat save him if you make good ending, 108 SoD ), and thats because his rune is only a half
white_ninja

Post by white_ninja »

no no no im not talking about the battles like that , the onley real battle i likes was the one in suikoden 1 with the (2 and a half runes) . but I would like to see two powerfull runes fight eachother , for example sun rune vs soul eater

not sun rune vs crappy sword rune ( nightrune )
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

joshua = 1
+yuber = 1
+leknaat = 1/2
+windy = 1/2
= 3 true runes ( not 2 and a half xD )

and remember zerase's words, if he have the night rune = zodiac sword in her hands she'll probably seal sun rune ( sun rune pwned in other words )

to see a huge war with true runes u need "bad" bearers, and that is windy ( disapeared or dead ), yuber, neclord ( dead ), and luc ( dead ), or 2 new true runes in suiko VI, 1 for hero, and 1 for bad guy ( and i sopose they will put 1 by 1 like IV and V )
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

white_ninja wrote:no no no im not talking about the battles like that , the onley real battle i likes was the one in suikoden 1 with the (2 and a half runes) . but I would like to see two powerfull runes fight eachother , for example sun rune vs soul eater

not sun rune vs crappy sword rune ( nightrune )
Frankly speaking the Night Rune wasn't in Suikoden V, but it was mentioned. However, you didn't like the fight between the Star rune versus the Twilight rune? Or the Sun Rune versus the Dawn and Twilight Runes? The battles don't get anymore flashier than that as of late. There hasn't been extremely flashy rune battles in any Suikoden game yet, but there are still direct conflict in between true runes. The Blue Moon Rune vs the Night rune for example or the Front half, Back half, Dragon, Eight Devil, and Soul Eater fight. This is not a direct conflict but it is cool to see Luc decimate a whole army with the True Wind Rune in Suikoden 2. If you want flashy battles, you'll have to settle for the battles in Suikoden 5, and that is not too bad as seeing that the Dawn and Twilight are technically true runes.

True runes are the shattered remains of the Sword and Shield. One could say that all other runes came from true runes as shown in Suikoden 3 with the True Elemental runes and the regular elemental runes. This is different for the Dawn and Twilight Runes. They were born, in way, like the true runes, as shards left after Night Rune severed its bond with the Sun Rune. This in itself does not lead me to consider them true runes, however seeing that they came directly from true runes one can considered them true runes. They won't have the same power as a true rune would, but like Shikon jewel shards in Inuyasha they are more powerful than unique runes. This is shown when Sialeeds overcomes Zerase with the Twilight Rune.

Another thing I want to point is that the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes aren't not halves of the Rune of Beginning. They are more like representatives, to me, as they represent the beginning with Sword and Shield fight. One must face the other and defeat it in order for the Beginning Rune to show itself and that represents the actual beginning of the Suikoden world. That is shown in the special ending of Suikoden 2.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

27x4=108 wrote:you have some cases of that, for example:

war leknaat+joshua vs windy+yuber ( 3 true runes )
final battle suiko1, barbarosa vs tir ( viktor ) ( 2 or 3 true runes )
battle neclord vs sierra & co. ( 2 true runes and a half )
final battle suiko2, beast rune vs riou ( viktor ) ( 2 or 3 true runes )
final battle suiko3 ( 5 elemental, 6 true runes if have edge too )
Ted vs Windy in the very beginning of Suikoden 1 although we're not sure about which Runes were used during the fight
Lazlo vs Fog ship Guide

there's a lot more
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well actually the Suikoden II's special ending with the Rune of Beginning came from a draw between the Sword and Shield. similar to "sword sliced through shield and shield shattered sword" but no blood whatsoever >_<
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Duh, I don't know what I was thinking still if that is trueTit only proves my point that those runes were just the Rune of Beginning's way of showing the Beginning.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.