Takeout Food, filled to the brim

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Takeout Food, filled to the brim

Post by dragonmasterx »

Sometimes, the packed lunches I buy from the Chinese restaurant are not filled to the brim. In fact, they might even only be half-filled. Like, what the hell, you've got THAT MUCH SPACE in the container, but you only fill it up halfway? It feels like I'm being ripped off.

On the other hand, some places overfill the container by so much that the food is almost dripping out. They charge no extra fee for this. They make me very happy.

So does anyone else's bosom fill with indignation when ordering takeout that's only partially filled?
Georg in his Prime

Post by Georg in his Prime »

I think maybe it is because you got the lunch special...Chinese takeout is usually cheaper during lunchtime, but they tend to give you less. The place I go to does this. They make up for it at dinner though...they put enough food in their sweet and sour chicken meal to feed four and it only costs 8 dollars! I think I am going to have to have chinese for dinner tomorrow.
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

Heh. More randomness from DMX. :wink:

I’m not sure about that, but I can tell you that I feel portion sizes in general have become appalling among food chains in the US. For instance, Burger King has just unveiled its latest atrocity: the Quad Stacker, complete with four slabs of meat, four slices of cheese and bacon. Yeah.

What’s even funnier is that some people will probably actually order this—and request it bunless because they’re on the Atkins Diet and, you know, that bread...

What I want to know is—are people actually demanding these things, and if so, what kind of people? Or is this just another marketing gimmick?

I haven’t had many experiences where I actually grumble about lacking portion size. Rather, I am more astonished at the trend towards bigger, greasier, unhealthier and, inevitably, fatter.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

That happens to me once in awile, but potato chip brands they do that too all the time,once you open the bag it's half empty. but sometimes resturaunts give an extra of something or they misread something,there's been so many times i wanted a hamburger and they gave me a cheeseburger( i dont like cheeseburgers)
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Raging Barows Brat wrote:For instance, Burger King has just unveiled its latest atrocity: the Quad Stacker, complete with four slabs of meat, four slices of cheese and bacon. Yeah.

What’s even funnier is that some people will probably actually order this—and request it bunless because they’re on the Atkins Diet and, you know, that bread...
Regardless of it's being promoted or not, there are people who would order such thing. In Australia, there's Mc Donald's "Quarter Pounder" (obviously 1/4 of a pound of meat), and my cousin who happened to work at Mc Donald's said that there were times that some people actually ordered "Pounder" which is Quarter Pounder but with 4 pieces of meat. It's just ridiculous.
hotspot wrote:That happens to me once in awile, but potato chip brands they do that too all the time,once you open the bag it's half empty.
It's half empty not because they were being stingy or trying to fool customers, but they needed extra air in the bag for protection of the chips inside so that they didn't get crushed during delivery and stuff.

Anyways, going back to the original question. I personally don't really bother with it much as long as it's reasonable (don't give me a container and only fill half of it, that's a rip off, but if it's like 80% that's fine with me). For those who do rip me off, I simply never come back again. As simple as that.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

There's only one place that I feel kinda ripped off at, but they've got the best burgers ever so I keep going back. Hell, been going there since I was a whee kiddo :S I get too little chips there! I'm sure that if I count them I won't find more than 15-20 chips...
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Lobel

Post by Lobel »

Maybe they know that their burgers are that good, so they don't have to think about loosing customers because they didn't get enough....

you're eating there since your a child, so they should know you.... if it really bothers you tell them, you'll find out soon if they care for their customers.....