Collapsing Castles

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

And shu didn't come in till quite a considerable amount of time, it would had been highly foolish for the Highland army to stand idle, why would they? After all they suffered light casualties compared to the city-states and it was common knowledge that an abandon castle laid there and knew many fled there. Who was to say that any important figures were in the crowd as well or perhaps mercenaries and soldiers in the S2 screenshot if I remember rightly you do see soldiers accompanying Flik and Rina. It would have been highly naive of them to assume that a castle on the same landmass as them wouldn't cause them any problems. And its not like major construction works on a castle will be hard to notice is it?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

koriand'r wrote:Actally I would say that's a plot hole,
That's not a plot hole because it's not about the plot. As simple as that. What does the "able to re-enter collapsed castle" have to do with the plot? Nothing.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

Because we know that they don't collapse, they only shake violently in a momentary situation because the power of that true rune is leaving in case of suikoden II the beast rune itself was defeated. That is confirmed fact (Well it should be as I once asked that question long ago and got the answer for it).

And I do believe it is a plot hole as where basically talking about the castle's timing in being upgraded before the next attack, which is on the castle as that's Highland's next move. So that would be a plot hole as it disputes the issue on why Highland would attack later than now given the enemy were weaker at that point and Highland strong. Yes its true their hands would be full on southwindow but their victory was easy and swift and the forces that fled were in dissary. Perhaps poor foresight from Solon Johee is something I might accept more than a plot hole as it is proven later in the game that he does have a terrible use of foresight.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

That's still not a plothole at all. A plothole is when something doesn't make sense based on the plot itself (example: We all know that Luca is trying to destroy Jowston, if there's a scene that said that he loved Jowston so that he didn't want to destroy Toto, then it's a plothole).

You're questioning Highland's timing on the attack (the plot) by using the upgrading castle (which is a gameplay point and not plotline) as the parameter. It doesn't work that way. For you to question the timing of the attack, you'd have to base it on the plot as well. Highland didn't just sit there and wait. They attacked quite soon. The upgrading castle is simply gameplay and had nothing to do with the plot at all.

Just to prove it, first of all, destroying the Neclord style castle in N.Window would definitely take a good few months if it's a plot. Not to mention that there were practically few people only to do it. Then to build it into a different kind of castle would take a few more months. Yet, the whole Dunan Unification War only took roughly half a year from the beginning until the end. So you can't say that Highland waited until N.Window finished rebuilding the castle before attacking.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
ShardStar

North Window

Post by ShardStar »

For starters they really didn't rebuild N. window in a day, the castle goes through four different phases. Second the entire castle didn't collapse just the part where Neclord had redecorated. Also I rather think they did what they did in the first one, blocked and sectioned off the dangerous part of said castle until they could get to that part. There are phases where you can see workers walking around talking about adding rooms and such. For the first phase of the castle all they really did was clean up the graveyard in the front and allowed access to the actualy sound structred parts of the castle. If you note when you first arrive you can't get to the wearhouse but you can once Neclord is removed.

They way I see it is that the Neclord built himself a little tower addtion to what was already there. Once he is defeated that part is blocked off and/or removed until later. Then during phases 2 and three you can see workers standing around on the upper floors barracks and in the main tower talking of adding in rooms.

Even known the Highlands attack on South Window was swift it still takes time to make the next move. They had to assess the situation at hand and tthen once they did that then they could move and it takes alot longer to move some thousands of shoilders then it is say a group of 6 ppl. I also think that messages were sent between camps of the Highland army as well to confirm what should be done next.

As for Gregminster I belive only the hanging gardens fell and we only see the front part of the castle at any rate so we don't see any re-construction going on.

Also call me insane but I thought Luc and Sarah had survived.. is it only if you get all the 108 stars? I remeber once you defeat the Wincar and you had 108 stars you get to play the chapters from Luc's pov. AT the end they showed an image of Luc and Shara walking away with a little girl between them.
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

AT the end they showed an image of Luc and Shara walking away with a little girl between them.
Auctually that is a picture of the past. The person you think is Sarah is Leknaat and the little girl is Sarah after Luc takes her from Circle palace.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Luc and Sarah are dead. Their souls ascended into the clouds at the end of Luc's chapter.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShardStar

Wow

Post by ShardStar »

I can't belive I misunderstood the ending that badly.... :oops:
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I think Solon Jhee underestimated the left overs since the rest was defeated so easily.