Female Tenkai

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Kika

Re: Female Tenkai

Post by Kika »

I would love to see a female character take the main role in the Suikoden. I was kind of disappointed when I brought five and the main character turned out to be male as it was the perfect setting for a female. Hopefully they will do it with the next one I mean nothing sells copies like a bad ass female babe lol.

On a side note would it make that much of a difference if the Tenkai wasn't a silent one? I personally would like to see a more modern character and hear his/her voice you could still make choices for him/her when they ask question. Also having a love story wouldn't be that bad I mean if they would have done the original FB story for 3 instead of what they did it could have ranked up there with 2 IMO and that had a love story.

Anyway just my opinion sorry about going way off of topic :mrgreen:
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

If would prefer no love stories what so ever. I like the "Obvious connection" thing like Riou and Ellie or The Prince and Lyon.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if they're going to continue this non-voice-while-all-other-characters-can-speak awkward crap, they might as well let you design your Tenkai - gender and maybe some physical features (maybe even determine stat growth, like a trial similar to Growlanser). because since the character has no voice, you should be able to mold the character to your likings. i suppose the art would be weird though, no main character or showing both male and female versions...
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

if they're going to continue this non-voice-while-all-other-characters-can-speak awkward crap, they might as well let you design your Tenkai - gender and maybe some physical features (maybe even determine stat growth, like a trial similar to Growlanser). because since the character has no voice, you should be able to mold the character to your likings. i suppose the art would be weird though, no main character or showing both male and female versions...
I like the idea of a fully customizable character. You should be able to fully change the way they look, what weapon they use and how thier battle voice sounds. I think that would be really cool and it would make for a unique storyline. :idea:
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah choosing voices might work too... as long as it's "personalized" it should be more okay for Konami to allow voicing. how about something crazy like inputting your voice into the system, and the system is able to render the sound to create speech for the character? they already have voice transformers, so it would be a matter of taking an existing "default" voice and transforming it to match the tones you input... O_O
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

yeah choosing voices might work too... as long as it's "personalized" it should be more okay for Konami to allow voicing. how about something crazy like inputting your voice into the system, and the system is able to render the sound to create speech for the character? they already have voice transformers, so it would be a matter of taking an existing "default" voice and transforming it to match the tones you input... O_O
Yeah, I don't like my voice though :roll:
-Chaco
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

I dunno. computer geenrating a voice off a sample, makes me feel liek the end result will sound like HAL or something
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

They could do it Phoenix Wright style. One can choose either to use the default voice, or the invoke the commands using their own!
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

so instead of yelling "Take That!" you'd say what? "Unite Attack!"

i dont think the wii remote has a mic though, does it?
patapi wrote:They could do it Phoenix Wright style. One can choose either to use the default voice, or the invoke the commands using their own!
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

No the Wii remote has no mic, well at least I'm 90% sure it doesn't.
-Chaco
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Nah, I'd still go for a non-customizable Tenkai. That way, no one's going to get confused if posting a topic about that. But giving voices sounds pretty cool though.

I wish it was a female Tenkai this time....But if they DID make her....hmmmm....
(I wonder what she'd look like....)
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I wish it was a female Tenkai this time....But if they DID make her....hmmmm....
(I wonder what she'd look like....)
I want to see one liek Chris Lightfellow again. a strong personality but attractive apperance.
-Chaco
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

I don't know, I'm thinking about this now. I think that if the Tenkai is a female, the entire game would have more feminine things on it, like changing her clothes throughout the game (I mean with you choosing the outfit she will use), a love interest, maybe the villain would be some type of a witch, a pink room...

Well, I think that unless the Female Tenkai is very brave and strong (with Oulan and Chris style), she probably will lead to a type of Suikoden for girls.

I don't know, what do you guys think?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

as long as it doesn't get to looking like FF X-II....
Iku

Post by Iku »

as had been said countless times a female lead doesnot equate to a feminine game an example of this would be Chris' chapters in s3 they werent exactly all dress up and tea parties! i mean i game with a male lead arent exactly masculine either i mean in most suikoden games the tenkai could have been either with only minor changes to the story ( except maybe 5) eg Nanami would probably been male and gremio female but over all the game would be pretty much the same! their really gendar specific! :wink:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax