Suikoden V Bradygames Guide INCOMPLETE

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Enjirube

Suikoden V Bradygames Guide INCOMPLETE

Post by Enjirube »

Ok so i bought the bradygames guide to help me through the game and get all 108 SoD. I think it does tell you how to get all 108 SoD (albeit very confusing to understand) but it also definitely incomplete, there are no locations of old books, window sets, sound sets ....

Please feel free to add to the list of things that are missing from the guide if you own a copy as i wish to know in order to find the required information elsewhere.

Enjirube
Wilhelm Suikoden V: My love doesn't discriminate!
Juggalo JXL

Post by Juggalo JXL »

If you look on this board there are threads on collectable items and recruitments. They are very well put together and help a lot. But yes, the guide is very incomplete.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I believe the guide does have a location for all those things as you read through. But not just listed in 1 place.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I believe that the guide lists them as you can access them.

but I could be wrong, like i've said before, I only bought the guide for the art and teh sense of " completion " [ Game + Guide = Set ]
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

Brady Games guides are always like that... i stopped buying guides a looooooooooooooooong time ago. and brady games even sooner. the majora's mask guide, omg, that was all wrong and had all the dungeon steps backwards and everything! that was the worst i could remember by them... so i wouldn't be surprised if the guide sucks.
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

Inaccurate is a more suitable word, but yes it's imcomplete. The art isn't all that great either. Prima should have wrote the guide as they did an excellent job on a previous installment..Brady has gone mainstream and you know what happens to things that go mainstream.
Rune of Punishment.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

shrug, its only human nature to maek mistakes.

Maybe they are being smart, and deciding to introduce a few flaws so people won't babystep their way through the game word by word in teh guide, and instead do some exploration of their own.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no, they're being smart as in securing exclusive game guide deals, doing less work, less checking, and selling the book for the same price and hoping to keep sales up by releasing it along with the game. the internet is a saving grace for gamers!
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

The only guides I buy anymore are Final Fantasy guides just for nostalgia reasons....I bought the Brady Games Kingdom Hearts 2 guide and it is horrible when it come to item locations and where to go or what to do. I got stuck many times trying to figure out where to go and all the guide had was a Boss Strategy that was pathetic.

The only Brady Games guides I have and actually like are the ones for the .hack games. Just because it lists all the character trades and keywords for story points. If you played those games then you know how helpful that is. But even those guides are way incorrect on most stuff other than Item names.
Enjirube

Post by Enjirube »

Yes this guide is very infuriating. I live in the UK and i usually buy the piggback official guides which are without a doubt the best guides in the world.

Take the piggyback FFX guide which had an uber guide for maxing your sphere grid and full item lists and bestiary, if there was something missing then it wasnt important.

My point is this is the first USA guide i have bought as a set but as i try to use it i realise how poor it is in quality, people from these boards could have done a much better job, Bradygames will not get my money anymore thats for sure.

Enjirube
Wilhelm Suikoden V: My love doesn't discriminate!
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Welcome to the American comercial experience Enjirube. Check out GameFAQs, they've got tons of great guides, regularly updated, and they're all free. Yangxu's character guide is great. Very easy to understand, and I contributed to it! :D
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
Futch

Post by Futch »

In my Brady Games "Official" Strategy Guide, in Dinn, Lyon's, Shoon's and Richard's descriptions it lists a "Hero" co-op attack with several non SoD characters that are not mentioned in the game: Clyde, Owen, Hanker, Epona, Bigsby, and Shirley.
Another wierd thing is that the name of the the attack and of the participants are in CAPs, and all other co-ops in the guide are not like this.
I know that Brady Games guides have been known to be horribly inaccurate, but this seems like a big mistake to make even for them.
Also, since it is apparent that this attack takes seven participants, none of which are the Hero (who must be in your party at all times), this attack would be impossible.

Is this a Joke, or just an incredabley stupid mistake? Can this actually happen (maybe with a code or something)?
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

brady games also made so many word errors( its like what kind a 6 year old wrote thiss?!!!!) like it says kisara on the strategy guide part (not the character information)and shows cuis picture for both kisara and cuis and they mistakenly put georgs runes on georgs and lelei's rune slot information,and yet there aren't any errors in other brady game books i have.( i think brady games is picking on suikoden).
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

Not to mention the deplorable spelling and grammatical errors that have littered every single BradyGames guide I've ever had the displeasure of thumbing through. Plus, they're always biased as hell. It has to do with sloppiness, and the fact that Bradygames writers must compose this stuff in their sleep. As posters above have mentioned, the internet is a far more accurate, comprehensive (and, for that matter, objective) place to go.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the only drawback of player-created guides is that information is usually limited to what can be seen in the game, and more accurate/in-depth stuff comes from a collective effort and days, weeks, months, and sometimes years of many people playing the game. the strategy writers or the game producers themselves should feel some responsibility to release technical things such as known bugs/glitches, game mechanics information (ESPECIALLY for something like Suikoden IV where equipment info isn't even displayed....), reference tables, definitions, extra character and plot details and other things like that.