average level by end-game?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

average level by end-game?

Post by KFCrispy »

i just completed retaking HQ and checked out Eresh's dungeon again, and the enemies have upgraded (as well as outside, but they're not as high in level). my hero is almost level 60. i was wondering if the enemies later in the game take you close to 70 or something, because most games get you to about 60s.. but i know there's still some places left to go!
Lourde Incarnadine

Re: average level by end-game?

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

KFCrispy wrote:i just completed retaking HQ and checked out Eresh's dungeon again, and the enemies have upgraded (as well as outside, but they're not as high in level). my hero is almost level 60. i was wondering if the enemies later in the game take you close to 70 or something, because most games get you to about 60s.. but i know there's still some places left to go!
Eh, I had my main party in maybe mid 60s when I beat the the game. Leveled up some other characters to L60 for the final dungeon*. They did ok at that level, and most enemies I came across were easy meat for the Illusion Formation's Spark skill.

*You'll need three teams, and your final-boss party must be composed of people from those teams.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

60-63 ish. You're on track.
Purr.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

The endgame dungeno caps you at around the mid 60s.

I think my Hero was about Lvl 65 when I met the endgame boss. But those last few levels were TEDIUS
Shula

Post by Shula »

Komataguri wrote:The endgame dungeno caps you at around the mid 60s.

I think my Hero was about Lvl 65 when I met the endgame boss. But those last few levels were TEDIUS
I agree about the last levels I hated them!Also depends on what equipment and skills you have,I beat the last boss with all my characters at 59 or 60
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Shula wrote:
Komataguri wrote:The endgame dungeno caps you at around the mid 60s.

I agree about the last levels I hated them!Also depends on what equipment and skills you have,I beat the last boss with all my characters at 59 or 60
I had all my skills maxed at the whatever level it would max at for the specific characters.

and I also maxed out all the epic skills that I had equipped [ Royal Paradise is like an orgasm of joy ]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i was just thinking the avg level would be higher for this game because i'm not near the end yet have access to a location that pumps characters up to almost lvl 60 with ease.
Jacer

Post by Jacer »

oo and where is that location u r talking about? dun mind me =P
Hathen

Post by Hathen »

My average level seemed to be about 60, if you don't spend a large amount of time just leveling up. If you rushed through the game you could probably beat it at mid 50s or so.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Jacer wrote:oo and where is that location you are talking about? dun mind me =P
eresh's dungeon area, after recapturing HQ
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

That dungeon is pretty much on par with the final dungeon in terms of difficulty of monsters and leveling. As with the other Suikoden games, if you plan on going past about level 60, leveling gets very tedious and with very little benefit.

You can beat the game easily with a balanced team in the upper 50's. Just don't be stupid as I was the first time and forget to arrange the characters selected for the final battle into appropriate locations. Belcoot and Richard are wonderful to have for the physical blows and to get some damage in, but if they end up in the back of a formation, they get to wave their swords around and hit air. Not very useful.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Where is Reinhold when you need him?