Magic Uniting?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
crimsonsXe13

Magic Uniting?

Post by crimsonsXe13 »

Has anyone actually had a successful end magic of the runes unite together? Like in Suikoden 1 and 2? I tried but didn't get anything, I tried with the rage and flowing. Anyone got anything?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's pretty much the same as Suikoden IV; you can press O to access whichever magic unites are available to you. Rage and Flowing don't combine, by the way. There's also four levels of unites, instead of simply one.

Here's the combinations:

Rage + Thunder: Flame Array
Thunder + Flowing: Thunder God
Flowing + Cyclone: Water Dragon
Cyclone + Mother Earth: Fierce Wind Fang
Mother Earth + Rage: Scorched Earth
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Also remember that the common tier Elemental magic no longer have unite in this game. Only the higher tier ones do.

But on the bright side, every level of the higher tier magic can have unites, as Jowy said.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The weird thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong. I found that casting both high teir damaging spell on their own ended up totalling more damage than the combined attack. However, since only thunder, rage and a little bit of cyclone even have attack spells at their highest tier I guess that dosen't matter so much.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Oppenheimer wrote:The weird thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong. I found that casting both high teir damaging spell on their own ended up totalling more damage than the combined attack.
Same here; I think it has something to do with the spell being a Unite Magic (two attributes). Running some tests but so far, nothing conclusive other than some spells dishing out more damage than a Unite.
son_michael wrote:I don't understand why I need so much evidence to speculate about something
Wraith wrote:I find it rather annoying to need so much support in order to speculate.
You aren't your post count.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

anyone have the stats on those magic combos?

Gt
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

i find it way more usefull in this game. you can use a lvl 1 spell with 2 people to do more dmg and hit everyone. itws really usefull in random battles, because you can use the more worthless lower lvl spells for, say the mother earth rune and combine then with low lvl fire or something for good rape everything magic
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Eyedol wrote:
Oppenheimer wrote:The weird thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong. I found that casting both high teir damaging spell on their own ended up totalling more damage than the combined attack.
Same here; I think it has something to do with the spell being a Unite Magic (two attributes). Running some tests but so far, nothing conclusive other than some spells dishing out more damage than a Unite.
yeah.. i had this problem vs the boss for Eresh recruitment. i think the "problem" possibly comes from losing elemental attributes so your magicians do not boost the amt of damage it deals. it's a good way of using some nonsense spells for some runes, though (Flowing, Cyclone, Mother Earth..). i know it's definitely much better to cast Rage and Thunder spells individually though. the difference is the magic unite hits all enemies, so there's your plus.

also, if a partner is KOed i this game for a regular Unite or magic unite, the character will simply attack or cast their spell, which beats previous games where characters just lose a turn.