Crimson Pilgrims (spoilers maybe)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think you're all reading too much into a tattoo.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Kailest

Style of Fighting

Post by Kailest »

I agree, the tatoo may be as simple to explain as Wan Fu's style of fighting.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

It aint really the tatoo, but the fact he didn't really want to answer why he HAD the tatoo. For all we know, he may just have thought it looked cool. BTW, Wasn't it a bit of a cop out that the Phoenix worshipping Tribe wasn't featured in SV at all? All we got of the "Phoenix" deity was a Phoenix-like sprite spawned by the Sun Rune.
Hmm...
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

He says something along the lines of...

*Wan Fu turns around to attempt to see his back*
"Huh...when did you...?"

And then he joins the 108 stars.

I just think its mysterious.
deedlitmurata

Post by deedlitmurata »

I'm not sure about what Killey is really looking for, because when you discover those tables from the ruins of Ashtwal mountains, he mentions that he went there with Godwin's survey team, but when Lorelai asks him what he saw there, he told her something like "nothing of interested, they were just sindar ruins" .. so this implies that he isn't interested in the ruins exactly, who knows what he's looking for, hopefully we'll know some day xD and about Lorelai as well ~_~
Man is powerful enough to change destiny. No matter how futile our struggles seem, they all make a difference!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I think it is stated that Killey is more interested in protecting the secret of the Sindar than uncovering any secrets for himself. Recall how he went off on Alex because he removed something from the Sindar Ruin. I really think he and Lorelai are interested in finding the same thing. It seems like even what Suikoden V unveiled doesn't even begin to touch the entire extent of their history.

But, Killey has obviously close ties to the Sindar and the fact that he calls Zweig and Lorelai or pretty much anyone who tries to research the Sindar idiots seems to express his disdain for their lack of understanding as to why the ruins should remain ancient, which I believe in essence he is trying to keep the Sindar a secret so that people won't use their technology for their own personal wealth.

Proof is that he volunteered to go with the Godwins to simply observe the bust where the Sun Rune was kept and observe the ruins in Ashtwal Mountains, as well as he chastising Zweig and the Prince for uncovering the ruins of the Suikoden V homebase.

As for Wan Fu, I believe the tattoo was done by someone he respected and died due to some unknown reasons. I believe he is on a quest of revenge, if I remember correctly. But, I could be wrong as I haven't played Suikoden 3 in quite a while.
Amped08

Post by Amped08 »

I've always thought that they were the origonal keepers of the Rune the Sindar got, so Killey is chasing them down to get it back. Or he might be an ancestor of the Sindar and wants the rune. Lorelai I think is just searching for treasure and adventure and whatnot.
Magnumkiller

Post by Magnumkiller »

I can't believe no one has seen this text from Lorelai. NOTE: Spoilers ahead

During the night scene when everyone has been sent home by Lucretia. Talk with Lorelai:
Where do I come from? I come from an uncharted island in the eastern sea, where the last of the Sindar live. I am one of them. Surprised?
(I don't think its exact text, but thats pretty much what she says.)

This goes to mention that she is probably looking through the Sindar ruins to find a way to recover their lost glory?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

This has been discussed. If you talk to her again, you'll hear her say that she is just joking. She's not Sindarin
I hope everything is going delicious.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:This has been discussed. If you talk to her again, you'll hear her say that she is just joking. She's not Sindarin
Then she adds:"...Or maybe not.". Yeah, she is quite likely playing withour head. But while she is quite likely not Sindarin, Killey surely can be. Otherwise, he wouldn't be so mad at all the Sindar Seekers.
Hmm...
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Perhaps Killey just knows something about the Sindar he wants to preserve so that the information doesn't fall into the wrong hands such as Harmonia.

Want examples? : Howling Voice Guild: Uses alchemy, as used by the Sindars.
Sindar Ceremonial Site: Has the power to destroy a True Rune (though this wasn't sucessful due to intervention).

I wouldn't be surprised if Killey or Lorelai whilst not definiately Sindars did know more than they let on, despite being rivals they both care about the Sindar and their secrets.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

Yeah, it's looking like we'll just have to wait for another game in the southern region of the world (Nagarea? Zelant? Armes?) for a chance for the plot to expand on the connection between the Crimson Pilgrims and the Sindar.

(Heck, maybe some scenario writer is planining for the Crimson Pilgrims to be a major plot point of some future game, and that's why we get hardly any details in this one. Then again, maybe it's just yet another tangential thread that will fall by the wayside for a while. But who knows, given that V picked up a few very tangential threads that were dropped in II, anything could happen.)
crimson_noble

Re: Crimson Pilgrims (spoilers maybe)

Post by crimson_noble »

i havent played all of the Suikoden games. ive played 4 and 5. But as far as i can tell he doesnt seek the past but there is somthing that he DOES seek. But i guess we'll have to wait for later games. OH and that tree that Viki teleports you to..ive been there but once you leave it there anyway to get back?
Last edited by crimson_noble on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crimson_noble

Post by crimson_noble »

not just to protect the secrets of the Sindar but something far more important. you must also remember that before the sindar there was also another great dynasty that was destroyed by the sun rune but the land was reborn. It is my theory that The Crimson Pilgrims belonged to the dynasty and when the sindar rose they found the dawn, twilight, and sun runes and apperently learned about the powers of these runes. i dont think that the sindar ruin in falena are actually sindar but actually belonged to the dynasty. i come to this assumption because they state that the sindar only disappeared and Falena was founded not long after they never said that the land was destroyed BUT they DID say that the dynasty was ruled by a king who just went insane one day and destroyed the land and in the vision at the ruins of the land being destroyed and reborn. So i doubt the ruins were built by the Sindar.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

This topic is very interesting. I think it`s possible that Killey is Sindarian, but not Lorelai.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.