whats with the strike back orb

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

whats with the strike back orb

Post by kenshindono »

whats up with the strike b ack orb. it says it gives you a guarenteed counterattack.. but it doesn't. What gives?
Buff

Post by Buff »

that's only if you are striked by a enemy. i'm not to sure on how well it works since i don't see that it's worth it since it cuts your evasion in half.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i was having the same problems. i saw it work once, but i was hit tons of times by what looked like normal physical attacks.

what happened was after taking that one hit, my character (Zweig) did what looked like a normal attack on the enemy. then when he came back, he attacked again (meaning the first atk was the counter, second was his regular)
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

It gives you a 100% chance to counter a physical attack aimed at the bearer of the Rune ... however, you are not guaranteed to actually hit the enemy (I have it on Zegai and he missed several times).

Put this rune only on people with superhuman Technique and SPD ratings.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hrm.. are you sure? I figured it might mean physical attacks only so i looked for counters on physical attacks, but even then it didn't do them all the time. Semms like a kinda broken rune
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

most of the time after a physical atk directly on the bearer, the bearer does not return an attack. like i said, only happened once in my experience. it wasn't about hit or miss when the attack was returned, it was that it didn't happen at all!
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

I had this same problem with the strike-back rune. I tried it on Raven. He would get hit physically for damage, but then just sit there without countering.

I think the strike-back and poison/venom runes are fubared.
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

Is it possible that the description was mistranslated or poorly worded? Does anyone know if it had the same description and problem in the Japanese version?
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ya im guessing it has to be a mistranslation, because im positive it doesn't let you always counter, even on a physical attack
Foomerang

Post by Foomerang »

Maybe it only applies to parried attacks? I've never seen any character counter after being actually hit.

And the reason it lowers evade is most likely because you can't counter after dodging.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

i have belcoot this rune, and he more or less ALWAYS countered when he parried an attack so i gave him counter rune for abit to improve this, but i thought well if he parries alot might as well make sure he always counters so i gave him strike back and after parring he sometimes didnt counter so must be a mistranslation.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the counter i've seen is not a regular counter, it's a return attack, where the character actually does a normal attack at the target
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

actually you can counter after dodging, nikea does it all the time
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

If it is just a mistranslation then shouldn't the rune still have some kind of effect? I don't notice the rune doing anything when equipped so if it does have an effect it is very subtle. Has anyone noticed any change?
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I put one of those runes on Miakis and she went *beatbeat* on every mob who attacked her. Works like a charm I'd say.
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.